Author Topic: Pi 3b+  (Read 3023 times)

russp

Pi 3b+
« on: June 28, 2019, 08:35:42 pm »
With the new software now released can we just load it up onto a card following the instructions for the rosetta/classic and then get a new licence code for the new mac address for the new Pi? Is it that simple and will bluetooth audio work on the 3b+.
Thanks, Russ

Ian Melville

Re: Pi 3b+
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 10:07:49 pm »
Yup, We could make it harder for you if you want   ;D

Admin

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 11:18:46 pm »
Hi Russ
Of course you can update the software
Also if you update the hw we will swap the license foc
Regarding bluetooth **warning** this is beta, I think there are still issues
Hence beta
Thx
Lee

russp

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 11:03:25 am »
Hi Lee, got the Pi3+, got the new software all loaded up on it and of course it's showing no licence. 2 questions, is there an email address I can use for the licence info exchange (obviously not a good idea on an open forum) and do I need the 'bridge' from the existing classic in the new unit or do I need to buy a new one or does it not need this? Thanks.

Admin

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 11:19:44 am »

neilmurg

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 01:01:44 pm »
Hi Lee, got the Pi3+, got the new software all loaded up on it and of course it's showing no licence. 2 questions, is there an email address I can use for the licence info exchange (obviously not a good idea on an open forum) and do I need the 'bridge' from the existing classic in the new unit or do I need to buy a new one or does it not need this? Thanks.
Russp,
You're replacing the Pi2 with the Pi3+, everything else apart from the Wifi dongle stays in place (wifi is now built in to the Pi). This means you have a new MAC address (shown in the wifi description and on the Pilotaware 192.168.1.1 page). Use the support email to tell them your old and new MAC addresses and they'll give you a new code to swap your license over.
Yes you need the old Bridge, otherwise what will you plug the aerial into?