Author Topic: Pi3b+  (Read 2292 times)

Mike Woodbridge

Pi3b+
« on: June 16, 2019, 12:17:25 pm »
I have just bought a pi3b+ to upgrade my unit. I know I have to wait for the new software before using it . Please could you let me know if I have to set the unit up with any other software other than the software from PAW? Will I have to let you know the MAC address for the license swap? Will the upgrade be able to be placed on to a newly formatted SD card and then run from that? Is the software imminent as I would like to use the new board.

Thanks in advance and keep up the class leading work to keep us safer without ridiculous cost.

Regards. 

Mike

Ian Melville

Re: Pi3b+
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 06:53:07 am »
Hi Mike,
I cannot give a release date. However the other questions
Yes, you can format a new SD card and use that, keeping your old card and RPi as a backup.
You will need to let Lee know of the MAC address of the old RPi and of the new one. (you would have to transfer it back if you wanted to use your old RPi again)
No other software is required.

Cheers
Ian

Andy Fell

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 05:11:25 pm »
Ah... I was in the process of doing the same, to get the Wifi built in etc. 

Is the current version of SW not compatible?  I've been trying to install it, but it gets part way there and suffers from the 'Power Flash' icon issue and gets stuck... (despite having a good power supply)

Cheers
Andy Fell

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 06:26:50 pm »
No, the current version(20180520) is not compatible with the 3B+ The soon to be released version will be compatible.

Andy Fell

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 06:35:16 pm »
Ok thanks.

Never did resolve the WiFi dropping in and out on the 2B version with dongle!

something's going on with dhcpdp I think.  Power supply is fine.  Quite keen to move to 3B+ to get rid of this issue.

Thanks
Andy
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:39:13 pm by Andy Fell »

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 10:20:58 pm »
Hi Andy,

The 3B+ works fine with the new versions of PilotAware. I have been running one since last May (on an older Engineering software version) and a couple of us have been running the latest pre-release test software on Pi3B+ s for several months now.

Hopefully out very soon.

Regards

Peter