British Forum > Technical Support

Installing 20190621 - SDFormat and Software upgrade

<< < (2/21) > >>

Admin:
Is the wifi hotspot available?

Uptimist:
So has anyone done an update to new version successfully yet?

When I power up with new card in, there is just one red light and nothing comes alive even after a long wait (15 mins) - hdmi display is blank.  If I put the old card back it’s fine and display shows bootup and login prompt so I know that’s working.

Admin:

--- Quote from: Uptimist on June 23, 2019, 05:12:46 pm ---hdmi display is blank
--- End quote ---
really ?
you do not get a rainbow splash screen or anything ?

How did you format the SD card ?
Thx
Lee

grahambaker:

--- Quote from: Uptimist on June 23, 2019, 05:12:46 pm ---So has anyone done an update to new version successfully yet?
--- End quote ---
Yep - screenshotted the config and profile pages of the current version, replaced the MicroSD with one containing the new version and left it for 20 minutes. When I went back it was all done, and it took a couple more to enter the details from the screen shots.

It nicely coincided with an uplink ground station being installed over the last few days, so it’s been easy to test and play with.

What I have learnt is how many people fly around with poorly configured PAW units!

HarryS:
Yup - gave up on a USB update, as I just couldnt get it to recognise a USB. Copied the new system onto a MicroSd that I'd used before in an old PAW - 10 minutes and once i'd entered the licence key, its all up and running....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version