British Forum > Technical Support

Installing 20190621 - SDFormat and Software upgrade

(1/21) > >>

Uptimist:
I'm trying to upgrade to the new version just out - some basic questions as I have not done this before.

The instructions on the website describe formatting and load the SD with files, then insert and power up PAW, and just wait for 10-15 minutes, presumably the software self updates from the card?

The README file with the software describes needing to connect a display and keyboard and select the installation to kick off the upgrade.

Which is it?

Also, if it's the keyboard route, how do you attach a keyboard?  I can't see any USB socket on my Rosetta.  The only sockets are microUSB for power, and HDMI for display.

Lastly, assuming I get through the upgrade, do I need to leave that specific SD in, or can I revert to a different e.g. smaller capacity one? I borrowed an nice high capacity card from my GoPro and would like to switch back to the 8gb card which came with the PAW originally...!

Thanks for any help.

Giver:
The last question is easy to answer, you have to leave the SD card in permanently, it’s basically the
Rosetta operating system and pilot aware files all in one,
I haven’t yet updated mine, the previous update worked fine with a clean and full formatted card,
Downloaded the complete update file and drag/drop into the clean SD card,
Put new card into the Rosetta and power up, after about four minutes it’s good to log into from your
Tablet to reset all your settings,

GrahamW:
I have the original PAW not Rosetta. Ive just tried to upgrade to version 20190621. The extract seemed to work but ive just tried to connect to PAW using 192.168.1.1 but it failed. SD cant see it either. Im not sure whats gone wrong but just thought. Do I have to upgrade to Rosetta to use this version?

Admin:
This release is compatible with Classic and Rosetta
Please attach a tv/monitor via hdmi to see any diagnostics

grahambaker:

--- Quote from: GrahamW on June 23, 2019, 04:19:52 pm ---I have the original PAW not Rosetta. Ive just tried to upgrade to version 20190621. The extract seemed to work but ive just tried to connect to PAW using 192.168.1.1 but it failed. SD cant see it either. Im not sure whats gone wrong but just thought. Do I have to upgrade to Rosetta to use this version?

--- End quote ---
Have you tried entering http://192.168.1.1? The browser may require the full address, and not just the naked ip string.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version