Author Topic: skydemon not seeing PAW gps  (Read 2896 times)

malcolmR

skydemon not seeing PAW gps
« on: June 15, 2019, 07:20:28 pm »
just got rosetta.  set up in garden and admire traffic into bournemouth.  when set up in a/c and subsequently in the garden again skydemon when go flying is pressed do not get the PAW choice which I assume means that sd is not seeing the paw gps on which i have the regular green flash and up to ten satelites.  advice needed!

SGS66

Re: skydemon not seeing PAW gps
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 07:44:51 pm »
Have you setup the SkyDemon ‘Third Party Devices’ to tick PilotAware ?

malcolmR

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 08:41:47 pm »
I hadn't but i did and we were good to go.  i had assumed that this was a setting which did not need resetting on every start up.  Thks

SGS66

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 08:58:44 pm »
Good, but only needs setting once in my experience over 4 months.

grahambaker

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 11:12:57 pm »
IME every time SD is updated, the 3rd party settings need checking, as they may get switched off.

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 09:07:50 am »
Malcolm,

If you haven’t yet done so, can I suggest you have a browse at the PilotAware Instructions here.....

https://pilotaware.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/180520-Operating-Instructions-.pdf

There is also a link to specific instructions for setting up and running SkyDemon with PilotAware here....

https://pilotaware.com/skydemon-setup/

Both are well worth reading and referring to periodically - even for me (and I’ve been using both since 2015).

Regards

Peter

mariko

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 09:22:59 am »
IME every time SD is updated, the 3rd party settings need checking, as they may get switched off.
I had to do the same.
Every time Skydemon is updated, you must check and configure it properly to get PAW GPS signal and traffic alerts
Ciao
  Mariko

Admin

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 09:55:51 am »
I had to do the same.
Every time Skydemon is updated, you must check and configure it properly to get PAW GPS signal and traffic alerts

Can someone please ask Tim about this on the SD forum?

SGS66

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 07:54:24 pm »
I have not noticed this problem using SD on an IPad but I may wrong and perhaps have just taken it my stride but I will look out for it at the next update. Thanks for the PilotAware ‘help with SD’ reference there is a lot of useful material about via this forum.

grahambaker

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 08:45:45 am »
I had to do the same.

Can someone please ask Tim about this on the SD forum?
Tim is aware.