Author Topic: PAw bridge fail? (no, SOLVED)  (Read 2402 times)

neilmurg

PAw bridge fail? (no, SOLVED)
« on: June 12, 2019, 09:03:25 pm »
My PAw has been working fine in a 'semi-permanent' install with internal antennae, ship power and connected to the audio.
After a trip in a different aircraft with the PAw working as 'stand alone' on returning to my base aircraft I seem to have developed a problem in the bridge, I get red indicators for PAw and baro.
When the PAw boots up it ends up with the Bridge led flashing red in groups of 4 with an occasional (after every 3 groups?) green flash
Plugging a screen into the HDMI seems to give a normal progression to the login prompt, I haven't managed to capture that log
Does this require a new Bridge?
Enclosed, screenshots and log

Full disclosure, I've loaded a newer operating system than 20180520. But the error/problem occurs with 20180520 as well
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 07:04:50 am by neilmurg »

Keithvinning

Re: PAw bridge fail?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:53:18 pm »
Hi Neil
Has the gps come out

Keith

neilmurg

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 10:40:38 pm »
That wasn't a concern, although I'm running it at home now and it's a bit of a lash up. I'm just checking again.
Why do you suspect the GPS?

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 10:50:07 pm »
Neil,

The Bridge Tx/Rx won't start until it has a GPS Fix. The Home Screen clearly shows no GPS fix - which could of course be because you are running it indoors and it hasn't had time to get a fix yet (Uptime = 5 mins). It will take a bit longer than that to find satellites and work out where it is as it has been moved from its last known position even if it can see the satellites, which it is reporting it can't.

Of more concern is that the Home Screen also clearly shows a Voltage Error and Throttling - which points to a power supply issue. How are you powering it?

Regards

Peter

neilmurg

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 11:45:42 pm »
OK thanks
Power is an Anker IQ 10400, fully charged
I've just replaced the temporary power cable with a shorter fatter one, it's not throttled anymore, thanks for that, I wish I'd analysed it better before asking.
GPS still hasn't found its location tho' and that's after an hour by the open window. I see a new u-blox GPS in my near future

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 11:59:22 pm »
Hi Neil,

GPSs can be extremely fussy inside buildings - especially if they have been moved. Best to try it outdoors - even double glazing in conservatories sometimes screens satellites.

Regards

Peter

neilmurg

Re: PAw bridge fail? (no)
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 12:05:36 am »
Yes I know about GPSs indoors, it's on a window ledge on an open window with partial view of the sky but sheltered from the rain.

[edit]
The damned thing has just found itself! after several hours of admittedly on / off / on etc .... anyone want a spare GPS?
and of course as you said, the bridge is now showing green indicator lights

I will recheck for throttling etc when back in the aircraft
[/edit]
Thanks for your very prompt help

Paul_Sengupta

Re: PAw bridge fail? (no)
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 12:58:49 am »
Can never have too many GPSs! You can now start using another Pi and build something else GPS based for playing around.