Author Topic: Rosetta brackets  (Read 1554 times)

rogellis

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
Rosetta brackets
« on: June 10, 2019, 05:21:24 pm »

Looking for some support brackets or cradle for the Rosetta.

I would like the Rosetta affixed under the coaming, with the antenna poking through.   But to do this the PAW would have to be upside down, to get the antenna sticking far enough out of the coaming (coaming is carbon fiber).  So a strap or bracket would be nice, as the usual fixing is on the other side of the unit.

The alternative would be remote antenna, as I did with a previous unit. 

RE

exfirepro

Re: Rosetta brackets
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 04:57:08 pm »
Rog,

My Rosetta is fixed inside my fibreglass pod on the flexwing using a couple of strips of self-adhesive Velcro stuck to the top of the Rosetta, but leaving the removable 'lid' separate. You can attach a velcro 'mounting-pad' to the aircraft bodywork by pre-priming the bodywork first with 'Evo-Stik' and letting it get nearly dry then attach two strips of wide self adhesive Velcro side by side a couple of inches longer than the Rosetta (this makes it easier to find).

Whatever you do, DON'T try to run the PAW upside down as the GPS will be screened from the satellites by it's own PCB. Come to think of it, if as you say the coaming is carbon fibre, you may need to use a remote GPS and antennas in any case as carbon fibre is not RF friendly.

Regards

Peter