Author Topic: Connecting to Dynon Skyview  (Read 3149 times)

foxlees

Connecting to Dynon Skyview
« on: June 17, 2019, 12:32:47 pm »
I successfully connected my PIlot Aware to the Dynon Skyview all is working, however the audio warning are not very load and hard to hear during flight with back ground noice etc
The audio is wired through the Garmin Audi panel via Alert 3 input and the volume is turned fully up via the internal Pot.
And the PAware is set to max volume 10, has anyone had a similar issue, and have u over come it.
Simon

Keithvinning

Re: Connecting to Dynon Skyview
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 08:41:16 am »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Headphone-Amplifier-Portable-Rechargeble/dp/B07G953GHH/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544616056&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Neotec+NTK059

This sounds like the input impedance to the garmin is a mismatch.
This amplifier may give you a boost. It works ok with DC headsets when connected directly

brinzlee

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 05:12:37 pm »
I wired a Dynon Skyview and Dynon Audio SV Intercom panel with Pilot Aware and didn't have any issue with volume at all. If its a line level input there should be more than adequate to drive the audio alerts from PAW into the Garmin.....Are sure you sure you have everything configured correctly in the Garmin.....these units sometimes have a few submenus that enable different functions

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 12:55:30 am »
A similar thread on here notes that the PI socket is a four pole socket, if you use a three pole plug in there, often the audio will be very low. If you use a four pole plug to the correct plug on the other side, all is well. Well, that's what someone else found.

Admin