Author Topic: More false warnings  (Read 2250 times)

Mike Woodbridge

More false warnings
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:52:48 am »
I have a PAW Rosetta and it drives me mad. It constantly tells me there is danger either level or 100ft below. It went crazy on the way to Duxford. It was around High Wycombe, it wouldn’t shut up. It kept showing a code that began with a C. C004 or something similar. I have a mode c transponder I have turned this off just to check if this was causing the issue. It seems to to do it anywhere I fly. I have put in the correct code and have the c s filter activated.

It also now seems to have trouble finding GPS signals. It has a clear view of the sky. The aircraft is of aluminium construction. This is ruining the user experience. There is also a Sky echo ADSB out in the aircraft that is also correctly setup. I have checked the traffic page and it is not seeing this as another aircraft so assume it is not this causing the issue. Any help would be gratefully accepted. This device has really helped when in busy airspace and I don’t want to get used to ignoring it.

Paul_Sengupta

Re: More false warnings
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 02:28:46 pm »
I get it myself when I fly faster - I think it's because the pressure in the cabin drops. If the cabin pressure differs from the Mode C return, it probably defeats the filter. I believe the new software to be released later this month has further refined Mode C filters.

prgoell

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 04:45:25 pm »
I get those too, they disappear and appear at random.
As I fly a quite fast aircraft (Vans RV7, about 150 kts in cruise) that looks like a plausible explanation.
Will test by flying slower if I get to fly before the next release.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 08:59:35 pm »
I am going to look at reading the external modeS altitude when transmitted using the same ICAO code
This may help in pressure diffs in the cabin

Thx
Lee

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 11:29:08 am »
What about those of us with Mode C transponders?  :D

Admin

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 11:47:44 am »
What about those of us with Mode C transponders?  :D
Sorry Paul - beyond my skillsets ;-)