Author Topic: Anker powercore 20100 problem?  (Read 7011 times)

Keithvinning

Re: Anker powercore 20100 problem?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 10:48:48 pm »
Give it a try and let us know

Keith

jamespratt

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 11:48:26 am »
This problem seems to have been sorted out (at least for me) by the new software update. I bought a 20100 a few weeks ago and it turned off after a few mins, even using the cable it came with. An additional load (charging my ipad) kept it on, but not a practical solution.

It now stays on and I can use any suitable 20swg cable, not just the anker one.  (I have a classic updated to rosetta, using a pi2b, wifi power is set at 20).  :)

GeoffP

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 07:19:02 pm »
I had the same problem with a new 20100. It would turn off after a few seconds, presumably because the Rosetta was just thinking about firing up? The latest software made no difference.
So I followed one of the suggestions above and bought a USB LED light, in fact I bought 3 from ebay for less than £3. Only 1.2W so very little impact on battery life.
This is a clumsy fix but it's cheap and it works

SimonM

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 10:41:22 pm »
My issue may be sorted (fingers crossed) since installing the new update but only if I use the lead that came with the Anker. The Juicebitz leads show throttling on the home page. I had previously tried upping the network settings but that just increased any throttling issues.

Admin

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 07:48:10 am »
I have tried logging an issue with anker, but cannot seem to get past the forum gatekeeper
Who say no problem, nothing has changed ...
Thx
Lee

Benpamp

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 08:59:29 am »
I too have had similar issues and thanks to Keith have used the work around. I've requested a replacement from Anker via their Amazon address but no reply.
SimonM, which address did you use to get a response?
Thanks

SimonM

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2019, 09:15:54 am »
I used support@anker.com.

The last email I sent them was...
I am using the Raspberry Pi 3B that uses 5.1V and won't draw less than 100mA even during power up where there is some fluctuation of power required. The maximum required is 2.5A.

and the response I had from them was ...

Thanks for your information.

The output power of the Power core 20100 is: two Smart USB ports:4.8A max (2.4A per port). In this case, we are unsure if this battery is compatible with your Raspberry Pi 3B or not. I will forward this case to our product manager for further check.

May I know if you can keep this battery as it charges your phone well? If not, you can return it to Amazon for a refund since your order is still under Amazon's 30 days return window.

I didn't want to return it so did not reply. I have heard nothing from the product manager.

Admin

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 11:58:54 am »
We have stopped recommending the 20100 in our documentation since the change
the current sensor is clearly different to the previous version
Getting through Anker support has also proven difficult for me

thx
Lee

Benpamp

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2019, 04:45:34 pm »
Might be worth letting Anker know you're doing this as they'll be loosing a valuable free advert and hopefully kick them into some action,
Cheers.

TimT

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2019, 05:45:46 pm »
I bought the Anker Powercore 20100 end of April 2019 from Amazon (in California, USA). I connect the Rosetta via a Raysun 90 deg Micro USB Male to USB 2.0 A Male short cable (also available form Amazon).

It works 100% without any problems. The 20100 comes alive immediately when I put the USB connector in, even if no other consumer is connected to the power bank.

The width of the 20100 is equal to the width of Rosetta. And the length of the Rosetta (overall incl aerials) is about the same as the power bank. I taped the Rosetta on top of the power bank, with the aerials at the same side as the status LED's of the 20100 (status LED's hence visible at all times). I couldn't think of an aesthetically or practically more pleasing solution.

Admin

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2019, 06:35:35 pm »
It seems not all Anker 20100 are equal.
This issue started occuring very recently, clearly a design change, but they are not too forthcoming with what that is

Thx
Lee

JCurtis

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2019, 06:43:22 pm »
Worth noting that the supply chain could have a mix of old and new stock, stuff could have been sitting on a shelf for a while in some areas.

As for the change, the base design may be the same, could just be the recent (and ongoing) worldwide component shortages have led to a tweak that is causing problems.

I'm still quoted lead times like 34 weeks for basic passive components, whilst the same headline value may be available elsewhere when you check the details they don't behave in the same way.  Even the huge consumers of such components are having to buy stock up to a year in advance to secure stocks.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.