Author Topic: Solved: Loss of wifi and throttling despite correct power supply.  (Read 6722 times)

exfirepro

Re: Loss of wifi and throttling despite correct power supply. Fixed!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2019, 07:53:24 pm »
Excellent news James,

Hope it keeps working from now on. No reason it shouldn't of course. Please don’t lose faith now that the improvements are live  ;)

Best Regards

Peter

screamingalan

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 07:41:31 pm »
I have a similar throttling probem. Using a PilotAware Rosetta and supplied cable, and Anker 20100 (all about one year old). Under "Status" on the home page I have consistantly "Voltage=Error Frequency =OK Throttle=Throttled". The unit seems to be working OK and the Wi-fi seems stable, the software has just been updated to "version = 20190621". I have changed the GPS dongle for a remote U-Blox-8, which has a much better reception even indoors, although I did put the original U-Blox-7 back in to test, but the status message on the throttling remails the same.
Can someone let me know if this throttling is a reason for concern, and if so how to remedy it?

JCurtis

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 08:42:50 pm »
I have a similar throttling probem. Using a PilotAware Rosetta and supplied cable, and Anker 20100 (all about one year old). Under "Status" on the home page I have consistantly "Voltage=Error Frequency =OK Throttle=Throttled". The unit seems to be working OK and the Wi-fi seems stable, the software has just been updated to "version = 20190621". I have changed the GPS dongle for a remote U-Blox-8, which has a much better reception even indoors, although I did put the original U-Blox-7 back in to test, but the status message on the throttling remails the same.
Can someone let me know if this throttling is a reason for concern, and if so how to remedy it?

I’d try a new power cable to the PAW. USB leads are consumable items and over time some strands will fail in the cable.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

screamingalan

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 04:51:41 pm »
Problem solved -
I have replaced the standard cable with a 10cm long 20awg cable from JuicEbits. Voltage and throttling are now showing ok.
Thanks for the input (no pun intended!).

exfirepro

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 09:16:47 pm »
Hi Alan,

Glad you have got it sorted. Thanks for letting us know.

Best Regards

Peter