Author Topic: Wireless Password - v20180520  (Read 1839 times)

Robin

Wireless Password - v20180520
« on: May 17, 2019, 08:28:55 am »
I bought my PAW at Sywell last September and am finally investigating the nitty gritty of configuring it as I want it. I have no issues with the way it is performing - using the recommended power supplies has kept its performance spotless, but I've had a glitch trying to set a network password.

I have changed the SSID to include my aircraft reg - successfull. However, every attempt to add a password to the wireless settings results in a "Match the Requested Format" error from PAW. This error persists regardless of the length or complexity/simplicity of the inserted password. What is the "Requested Format" being asked for? I can find no reference to it in the instructions. Using the same constraints as is required for the SSID (min 8 chars, no illegal chars) does not work.

Pretty minor issue as it doesn't make any difference in use, but I'm curious. My intentions had been to set a simple 4 digit pw to stop inadvertent logon in a crowded environment.

Regards,

R.

Admin

Re: Wireless Password - v20180520
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 11:19:25 am »
Hi Robin

I thought that a hover gave a message of the accepted characters, anyway it is these

a-z A-Z 0-9

So maybe you are using '-' or something ?

thx
Lee

Robin

Re: Wireless Password - v20180520
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 11:44:32 am »
Hi Lee,

Thanks - sorted now.

There's no hover message (iPad). I've used 8 alphanumerics and that has been accepted.

Regards,

Robin.