Author Topic: Pilot aware not working again  (Read 1765 times)

jaideld

Pilot aware not working again
« on: May 16, 2019, 06:39:52 pm »
I have tried to get an email or my code which does not arrive via in box or junk folder.
When plugged into PC pilot aware has my green lights on which tells me account is active. . When i try to log into 192.168.1.1. i just get page not found.
When plugged into sky demon .Sky demon picks up and runs from pilot aware GPS. But i get no alerts of planes  even though i can see then out my window

So can someone lead me to the problem and a fix.

mariko

Re: Pilot aware not working again
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 07:38:08 pm »
Not 192.168.1.1.
But 192.168.1.1
Ciao
  Mariko

exfirepro

Re: Pilot aware not working again
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 07:41:29 pm »
Hi jaideld,

Not sure what you mean by...

I have tried to get an email or my code which does not arrive via in box or junk folder.

Are you talking about your License Key ?

When plugged into PC pilot aware has my green lights on

which tells me account is active. .

Why are you plugging your PilotAware into your PC? Which green lights? If you mean the indicators inside the PAW, they are Status Lights - they don’t necessarily confirm that your account is active.

When i try to log into 192.168.1.1. i just get page not found.

What type of device are you trying to connect with? Check that your tablet / phone is properly connected to your PilotAware WiFi Hotspot and that your browser isn’t trying to connect to http//: , https//: or www. - JUST 192.168.1.1

When plugged into sky demon .Sky demon picks up and runs from pilot aware GPS. But i get no alerts of planes  even though i can see then out my window

Probably a settings issue in SkyDemon, but let’s get you properly connected to PilotAware first.

So can someone lead me to the problem and a fix.

Yes, but there seems to be some confusion on your part as to what you are meant to be doing, so we need to do this in stages. First thing is ‘Have you read the setup Instructions?’ If so, do you clearly understand the steps required - and if not, what bits don’t you understand?

Next, once you have your PilotAware connected to an appropriate USB Power Supply (either a battery pack or power source capable of providing 2.1amps without the voltage dropping below 5volts - NOT a PC) do you see a PilotAware WiFi Hotspot appearing after a few minutes when you look in ‘Settings / WiFi’ on your tablet, phone or PC?

If so, connect to the PilotAware WiFi Hotspot. You should see a connection confirmation together with a notification that there is No (external) Internet Connection (available via this Wifi Hotspot). This is normal as PilotAware does not provide Internet Access via its Hotspot.

Next open your internet browser and type in 192.168.1.1 Nothing Else! Your browser should now open the PilotAware Home Screen.

Let me know if/when you have got to this point.

Best Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:32:14 pm by exfirepro »