Author Topic: RPI 3 upgrade  (Read 2216 times)

Shortwing

RPI 3 upgrade
« on: May 30, 2019, 07:00:39 pm »
Sorry to ask a stupid question, with the forthcoming software upgrade - it's probably time to upgrade the pi in my unit.

Which version 3 is the correct one to get?  And Can I just switch my license over to the new unit using the inbuilt wifi?

Many thanks in advance

exfirepro

Re: RPI 3 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 07:37:59 pm »
Hi Shortwing,

Whilst we have been testing the new software on both the Pi3B (as fitted in the Rosetta) and the Pi3B+, and it appears fine on both, I can’t at this point say whether Lee is prepared to support operation on the Pi3B+ yet, so hold fire until the release announcement.

As for changing over the license from a 2B to a 3B (or 3B+ if supported), this requires you to send a request by e-mail to support@pilotaware.com - quoting your name and the MAC address of both the old and new Raspberry Pi (The Licence is tied to the MAC address of the Pi). Support will then transfer the remainder of your existing licence to your new unit.

Hope this helps - be patient, the upgrade is well worth the wait!

Regards

Peter

Shortwing

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 08:13:32 pm »
Thanks for the answer, i'll wait to order the 3 when Lee announces wether the + is supported or not  :)

Admin

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 07:23:11 am »
Thanks for the answer, i'll wait to order the 3 when Lee announces wether the + is supported or not  :)

3b+ is fine on the upcoming release
Thx
Lee

Shortwing

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 10:31:20 am »
Thanks Lee