Author Topic: Detecting own aircraft  (Read 2996 times)

neilmurg

Detecting own aircraft
« on: May 11, 2019, 09:14:53 pm »
My Rosetta is normally in 1 aircraft, but I took it for a European trip and reconfigured the ICAO code and the registration. The Pilotaware was still reporting me as a conflict. Its the hex ICAO code that triggers that isn't it?
I checked it on ginfo and the PAw page, but the warnings continued.
I feel like I've missed something obvious, and the trip was not a good time to fault find. Little help here Mr wizard?

Ian Melville

Re: Detecting own aircraft
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 10:33:26 pm »
Is the filter(mode-CS +Filter) selection set for the profile of that new aircraft, if yes, does the hex code of the aircraft in the traffic table match that of what you think it should be?

neilmurg

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 07:02:35 am »
Yes I looked at that and I recall it was ok. 407744, is there a way to see it in the .trk?
The aircraft has ADS-B in /out I thought I had a fix as it reported as GELCH not G-ELCH (no hyphen) but changing that field didn't help.

neilmurg

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 07:11:08 am »
And (attachment)
Just a thought, PAw radar seemed OK. But SD went nuts with 'Aircraft Same Level!' or similar. Its not the smart SD voice is it? I didn't keep it on for long, it was too distracting. I reverted to the tablet gps
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 07:17:16 am by neilmurg »

neilmurg

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 07:36:47 am »
Here are 2 tracks, same day. 1st one uses G-ELCH and 2nd one GELCH, as I recall. I think PAw is warning in the morning but not on the way back. SD was still issuing warnings though, so it may be an SD and transponder issue (transponder coded GELCH not G-ELCH)

Also, the aircraft has GDL90 and I used that as my PAw protocol, is that it?

I can't send the trk files unless you pm me an email

Admin

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 09:51:46 am »
Hi Neil

I cannot quite understand this, you are  correct G-ELCH was generating warnings.
More interestingly, they start as bearingless, but later appear as positioned.
$PFLAA,1,4500,,18,1,407744!GELCH,,,,0.0,8*08
$PFLAA,3,8,11,21,1,407744!GELCH,53,-0.5,36,0.0,8*3C

you mention

What does that mean, the aircraft has GDL90 ?

The problem only occurs in the first flight, and not the second, load your tracks into here
https://aircrew.co.uk/playback

Are you sure you saved the details before first flight ?

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 09:58:54 am by Admin »

neilmurg

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 08:27:27 pm »
you mention
What does that mean, the aircraft has GDL90 ?
The aircraft is equipped with Garmin Mode S/ES transponder with ADS-B in/out. It also has ?Connext? to talk to Garmin Pilot on an iPad for transmitting flight plans to/from the Garmin 650. I was wondering if that was providing data to SD that was confusing it, maybe via Bluetooth? But I should have a look at the tablet and see what's connected where.

Yes I've looked at the aircrew playback.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll let you know if I sort it out.