Author Topic: New version of PAW  (Read 9050 times)

Mike Woodbridge

Re: New version of PAW
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 05:45:17 pm »
Good to hear, when can we expect it. Trying to be patient!

Admin

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 12:26:00 pm »
Its now Live

Richard

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 08:05:35 pm »
Hi Lee, just before I format my SD card.... will the new update still fit on a 4GB card?

Thanks
Richard.
Europa XS

grahambaker

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 08:43:41 pm »
Lee,

Can you confirm that connecting a tablet app i.e. SkyDemon has to be done by selecting ‘GDL90’ as the protocol (as per the trial software) and not ‘PilotAware’?

Thanks

brinzlee

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 09:07:31 pm »
The instructions recommend an 8GB SD card now

Admin

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2019, 10:24:00 am »
Hi Lee, just before I format my SD card.... will the new update still fit on a 4GB card?
Thanks

Yes, it will fit on 4gb.
The reason for the recommendation is that in the next release we are looking at adding a full web server, this will probably not have space to upgrade on a 4gb card
Thx
Lee

Admin

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2019, 10:25:42 am »
Lee,
Can you confirm that connecting a tablet app i.e. SkyDemon has to be done by selecting ‘GDL90’ as the protocol (as per the trial software) and not ‘PilotAware’?
Thanks

Hi Graham,
You can connect using
Flarm
Pilotaware
Gdl90

All are applicable
Thx
Lee

brinzlee

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2019, 10:50:25 am »
In the testing phase of the new version, all good so far. Well done Lee.

Feedback when connecting to SD via pilotaware protocol first message received is this.....never had the lost message before

On SkyDemon
GPS Lost
6 found

Is there a way to make the BT discovery a little more user friendly.....is it not possible to read an ascii label rather than the I presume mac code.....very confusing when you are setting up at home and a million devices populate all with mac codes....

Keep up the good work.....

Brinsley

Admin

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2019, 02:12:35 pm »
In the testing phase of the new version, all good so far. Well done Lee.

Feedback when connecting to SD via pilotaware protocol first message received is this.....never had the lost message before

On SkyDemon
GPS Lost
6 found

Is there a way to make the BT discovery a little more user friendly.....is it not possible to read an ascii label rather than the I presume mac code.....very confusing when you are setting up at home and a million devices populate all with mac codes....

Keep up the good work.....

Brinsley

Hi Brinsley
This is normal, this was a fix for Android. Messages are throttled back until the connection is guaranteed to be established
Thx
Lee