Author Topic: SkyDemon unable to connect to PAW - initially and then it works  (Read 1977 times)

RobertPBham

Hi all,

The last few times I have flown, I've experienced the following issue (on the ground before take off) where SkyDemon waits for connection to PAW and then fails. I should add that the iPad is WIFI only.

I'll detail the steps below:
Setup PAW in the back of the plane and power on - after this, the usual aircraft walk around is completed so a good 10 minutes will have passed.
Open iPad and check it is connected to the PAW WIFI - all present and correct
Open SkyDemon and click Fly and select PAW - SkyDemon displays a message stating waiting for device and eventually times out - maybe 15 seconds later or so.
Open a Safari web page on iPad and browse to the PAW configuration web page - PAW is running and all green lights
Back to SkyDemon and click Fly and select PAW - connects successfully (occasionally I have to quit SkyDemon (apple double tap button and close) before SkyDemon will connect)

I'm not pointing the figure at PAW, but has anyone else experienced this - only starting happening in the last couple of months and is really odd. It's as if the iPad is connected to PAW but doesn't have a 'proper' connection before you browse the configuration page.

Thanks
Rob

SGS66

Re: SkyDemon unable to connect to PAW - initially and then it works
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 05:20:40 pm »
Rob,
Me too exactly as you say.
Phil

RobertPBham

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 08:18:28 pm »
Good to hear that I’m not going mad! :-)

barbeau

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 07:44:35 pm »
I have experienced same issue with SkyDemon
On ground trying to connect PAW to SKYDEMON as Pilotaware device it doesn’t work, as Rob said SD wait for device connection.
It works perfectly connecting PAW to SKYDEMON as Flarm device.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 06:37:05 pm »
I saw something like this a long time ago. It was to do with Sky Demon not being shut down properly, and something being left hanging. The way round it was to completely close Sky Demon, i.e. shut down the app by swiping it away and then starting it again. Might be worth a try exiting Sky Demon after flying before putting the tablet away.