Author Topic: Multiple connections  (Read 3383 times)

T67M

Multiple connections
« on: October 17, 2015, 08:15:25 pm »
I've just got my first PilotAware working - and as I live near Gatwick, I can see LOTS of ADS-B traffic flying nearby.

When flying, I usually fly with my partner who is also a pilot, thus we both have SkyDemon subscriptions and usually have two (or more!) tablets/phones set up in the cockpit. I have noticed that PilotAware will only allow one SkyDemon connection at a time - is this something that could be changed? Maybe allowing three or four at a time would be a good limit, rather than just one.

Many thanks to all the PAW team - really great work.

Mike.

Paul_Sengupta

Re: Multiple connections
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 12:44:38 am »
On a related note, is it possible at the moment to have one tablet supplying the GPS data (Android) and one displaying the traffic data (e.g. iPad)?

Richard W

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 02:14:10 am »
+1 for multiple nav connections

Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 10:27:01 am »
On a related note, is it possible at the moment to have one tablet supplying the GPS data (Android) and one displaying the traffic data (e.g. iPad)?

This should work today, because they use separate sockets.

Without getting too technical the issue about multiple connections is about talkers & listeners, at the moment for a given connection (gps, nav, etc), you can only have one talker, one listener
This can be enhanced to be multiple listeners, I think this is a valid request, and needs implementing, but it is a little lower down in the priorites right now, but duly noted and will be done.

Thx
Lee

DavidC

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 03:43:15 pm »
+1 for multiple listeners.

Some of my fellow pilots don't have built in GPS in their iPads and would find PAW useful as a replacement/alternative for their external GPS receivers which typically cost £100 standalone.
With two flying together, sharing the same PAW for GPS positioning is even more attractive.