Author Topic: Latest version 20190315 and vrs  (Read 2543 times)

Vince

Latest version 20190315 and vrs
« on: March 27, 2019, 09:42:11 pm »
I’ve got the week off, so thought I would update the OGN-R at home. I updated this to 20190315 and noticed it now includes vrs which didn’t seem to run. After a little digging for a couple of days it seems that some mono modules are missing. I then played about with mono and managed to get vrs to run but not sure the receiver config is correct as the website did not list any traffic. However the package installs did not survive a reboot even with the filing system mounted as rw.

I then installed vrs on my desktop machine and now have vrs getting traffic from the OGN-R pi over my LAN.

Tonight went to play some more and noticed the OGN-R is now running version 20190327 which looks to have updated at 16:01

Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

exfirepro

Re: Latest version 20190315 and vrs
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 10:17:55 pm »
Vince,

Are you aware that to get VRS to run from the OGN-R you need to carry out a full software re-install - a simple update doesn’t supply all the files needed - as you have found.

As you have noticed, the current version just updated to 20190327. Updates are now automatic on reboot each morning or instigated by crontab at set times during the day, but you still need to do a full reinstall to get VRS working from the Pi - which, to ensure data security is, I understand, likely to become the only allowed method of obtaining the MLAT data.

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 10:28:25 pm by exfirepro »

Vince

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 10:25:26 pm »
Ah ha, ok will do a full install on another SD card which I guess is the missing piece of the puzzle.
Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

Vince

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 11:39:46 pm »
Full install done, copied over station settings and all running great. vrs now running but little traffic about at the moment so will check in the morning.

www.strandedflyer.net