Author Topic: Integration of PAW into IFD440  (Read 4274 times)

T67M

Integration of PAW into IFD440
« on: March 24, 2017, 11:42:46 am »
Reading the handbook on the IFD440,  it seems that from release 10.2 (available in FAA-land now, due in EASA-land April 2017) the IFD440 can get GDL90-format traffic data over a WiFi link. Are there any plans to allow PAW to emit GDL90 messages?

T67M

Re: Integration of PAW into IFD440
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 11:43:52 pm »
I got to talk to Avidyne at Oshkosh and they are very keen to integrate PilotAware traffic with their display, including offering free access to their SDK if needed. Their only request is that the link should use an "aviation standard format" (such as GDL) and not a proprietary non-standardised format such as FLARM. Lee - I think if you were to contact Steve Gubbins at Avidyne, you would be welcomed with open arms.

Ian Melville

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 06:16:50 am »
Didn't think GDL90 was an 'aviation standard format'. IIRC it is a product of Garmin?

Admin

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 10:08:10 am »
I got to talk to Avidyne at Oshkosh and they are very keen to integrate PilotAware traffic with their display, including offering free access to their SDK if needed. Their only request is that the link should use an "aviation standard format" (such as GDL) and not a proprietary non-standardised format such as FLARM. Lee - I think if you were to contact Steve Gubbins at Avidyne, you would be welcomed with open arms.

Did you get an email address by any chance ?
if so, please PM me his contact details

Edit: its OK, I have found him ....

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:09:44 am by Admin »

quilpie

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 06:01:24 pm »
Has there been any update on this?
I have an IFD440 and would love it of PAW traffic could be displayed on my device and again on my IFD100 app

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 09:04:02 pm »
quilpie,

Since the above posts way back in 2017, PAW has been significantly developed in several areas and directions, including amongst others data being transmitted to Nav systems using GDL90 via WiFi. IMO, the concept of continuous development, both proactively and in response to customer requests or suggestions has always been one PilotAware’s great inherent strengths.

Although a member of the Development Team, I have no personal involvement in the development of GDL90 data via hard wire, but from this thread....

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,1539.msg17048.html#msg17048

.... you can see that outputting GDL90 via PAW’s USB ports is an option under consideration - but still ‘TBD’ (To Be Developed). I have no information as to at what stage this proposed ‘development’ currently stands, or timescales, but I’m sure Lee won’t mind updating us.

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 06:48:10 am by exfirepro »