Author Topic: HEX code for spanish aircraft  (Read 2812 times)

beastro

HEX code for spanish aircraft
« on: May 02, 2019, 10:41:27 am »
Hi,

I am trying to find the hex code for our club aircraft I am going to fly on sunday, but cannot find it anywhere. It is a Spanish registration EC-DNJ. Can somebody point me to a database that would cover Spanish registrations? I looked on the net, but could not find any that would include the HEX ICAO codes.

Thanks
Berthold

xtophe

Re: HEX code for spanish aircraft
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 05:13:21 pm »
It might be on the Certificate of Registration. Or you might be able to get it from AESA (Spain CAA), possibly from this website https://sede.seguridadaerea.gob.es/SEDE_AESA/LANG_CASTELLANO/TRAMITACIONES/REGISTRO_MATRICULA_AERONAVES/DESCRIPCION/

beastro

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 03:58:15 pm »
Thanks!
It seems that older planes in Spain don't necessarily have the ICAO HEX code assigned unless they have a mode S Xpdr of course.

In my case the plane has no HEX code and I am wondering what I should use instead for the PA config? Should I just leave it empty? It seems a bit of a gamble to put a random code and hope that it does not coincide with something already assigned...

Thanks

Berthold

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 06:48:46 pm »
IIRC the code it ships with can be used, it cannot be blank. Not sure if this can conflict somewhere in the world. Lee will know.

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 06:46:47 am »
Berthold,

The pre-programmed Hex ID is the last 6 Digits of the 12 Digit ‘MAC’ address of the unit, which will be shown on the Home Page - e.g. B827EB4449C2. In this case the ‘default’ Hex would be 4449C2.

If you click on the ‘Profiles’ button at the bottom of the ‘Configure’ Screen, you should find this already saved in the default Profile and can re-enter (and save) it into the Profile you have created for your aircraft.

Best Regards

Peter