Author Topic: My Registration Not Showing On Another Pilot Aware/Sky Demon User  (Read 2192 times)

Gary Nelson

I flew to Sandown yesterday with another microlight. We both use Sky Demon; both have PilotAware and both have ADSB out with Funke transponders. I could both see his plane icon and registration on my Sky Demon the whole flight. He could see my plane icon on his Sky Demon, but not my registration. The Sky Demon screenshot he took, to show me after the flight, also happened to have another plane icon nearby, which also was not showing its registration. On his PilotAware configure page he is set-up to display “registrations” under “Display Traffic Info”.

Anyone any idea why he was not displaying registrations?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 05:54:56 am by Gary Nelson »

Ian Melville

Re: My Registration Not Showing On Another Pilot Aware/Sky Demon User
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 06:32:54 am »
Does your Pal see any aircraft registrations on SD?

Which version of SD are each or you using? In the back of my tiny brain, there is a note about SD changing the text associated with the icon, perhaps to be optional.
What does he see on the PAW traffic table and Radar?

Cheers
Ian
Edit: Tiny brain was right. There is now an option to 'Show Callsigns' in the 'Navigation Options'
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 06:35:46 am by Ian Melville »

Gary Nelson

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 07:09:30 am »
Thanks - we were rather focusing on PAW - I will get him to now check that setting on Sky Demon

Gary Nelson

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 07:21:52 am »
PS I couldn’t see the above “Show Callsigns” option on my Sky Demon then saw there was a Sky Demon upgrade. After the upgrade just now, this option appeared but defaulted on off. I expect that is why he couldn’t see callsigns anymore and makes sense as to why he said he normally does see them. Thanks for help.

Ian Melville

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 08:51:30 am »
No Problem Gary