Author Topic: Enhancement Requests  (Read 237746 times)

SGS66

Re: Enhancement Requests
« Reply #405 on: September 26, 2022, 03:11:47 pm »
I updated my software using the 20220602 version which was well advertised but i see from the above that there was an August update. Could updates be advertised on the forum maybe in a special topic relating only to LATEST SOFTWARE REVISION ?

SGS66

« Reply #406 on: September 27, 2022, 09:33:21 am »
Maybe a topic entitled Version History with a brief outline of the changes. What was the Aug update for, for instance ?

marioair

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 27, 2022, 09:42:38 am »
Is there not a release note with each update?

Ian Melville

« Reply #408 on: September 27, 2022, 04:51:58 pm »
Yes, there is or was a CHANGELOG.txt in the zipped package. As I have been using the App on my phone for a while, I have not downloaded the full package recently.

SGS66

« Reply #409 on: September 28, 2022, 05:26:26 pm »
Uploaded the new August software using the IOS app. All worked fine and I see that the app does tell you what the latest software version is but one has to check with the app.

But where are the notes on the version ? There is no changelog provided to the user when the app is used and frankly messing around with zip files when there is an app available is not something I am going to do.

So I say again there should be a version history!

Who knows what new feature there are or bugs fixed if there is no version history.

marioair

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 28, 2022, 08:28:43 pm »
I think that is part of a broader point about the ecosystem that’s grown around PAW and my moaning about the need for a decent App.

PaW shouldn’t lose its “start up” and use of “commodity” components roots.  But it’s ready not for prime time. Get a decent UX designer on the books.

exfirepro

« Reply #411 on: September 29, 2022, 09:23:04 am »
Hi Guys,

I can't argue with your sentiments. lack of info on what's included in updates can be a real PITA - though in today's highly commercial environment we have had to become used to bland statements such as 'This update contains essential security enhancements' simply to encourage their installation.

To be fair to PilotAware, major software releases are normally notified in the 'Latest News' section of the Forum and these announcements normally include an explanation of the major changes - often, as in the case of SkyGRID and iGRID, supported by detailed support videos. Some areas of development are however not disclosed for commercial reasons, which is partly why the 'Changelog' file (which @Ian Melville refers to) was removed a while back.

From my own development notes, I can advise that the majority of the changes in the August Public Release were network and data improvements to improve connectivity and effectiveness of the various support systems.

There are of course other significant developments in Beta trial, but I am of course not at liberty to discuss these at present.

Best Regards

Peter

Keithvinning

« Reply #412 on: October 30, 2022, 02:54:02 pm »
We are working on a single database that will provide the information that you require on software updates.

Also, we will be issuing tips on how to get the best out of the increasingly interactive PilotAware infrastructure. ATOM SkyGRID iGRID etc.

However, to be part of this requires users to have agreed that they want to receive these emails. Data protection ACT 2018.

The ability to sign up for this newsletter has been embedded at the bottom of every Knowledge Base article on the Pilotaware website, such as at the bottom of this one for software updates.

https://www.pilotaware.com/knowledgebase/20220531-software-release

So click the above link go to the bottom of the article and sign up. Sign up looks like this.

Newsletter Signup

Be the first to hear about our new product launches and innovations through our new newsletter and blog.

Cheers

Keith

Ian Melville

« Reply #413 on: October 31, 2022, 12:55:54 pm »
Signed up, but suspect I may be on the list already.

Cheers
Ian

steveu

« Reply #414 on: December 03, 2022, 04:38:21 pm »
For cases where the SD card needs to be reformatted for reasons of corruption or damage, would it be possible to have an option to export all the settings on the various pages as a single file, then to re-import them onto a fresh install on a different SD card to eliminate issues arising from same?

CliveJ

« Reply #415 on: March 22, 2023, 11:56:02 am »
No been to the forum for a while but I've just been popping onto the pinned threads and it struck me that it's time for a refresh of them. Most are old and out of date.
For a newby coming for a look it's not the resource that it once was.
Regards Clive
P.S. just got the Newsletter, Go Pilot Aware!

Keithvinning

« Reply #416 on: March 22, 2023, 01:34:01 pm »
Hi Clive
Thanks for your post
Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time
We are so incredibly busy installing ATOM stations, developing and testing new stuff
I would encourage anyone who has not signed up for the newsletter to do so via any of the blog posts or knowledgebase articles on the website.

Cheers

Keith

steveu

« Reply #417 on: April 12, 2023, 10:41:43 am »
I'd like to suggest an enhancement to make Bluetooth more user friendly.

On the Radar screen, add another tick box marked BT or Bluetooth.

When this box is ticked, a number of things appear bottom right of the same screen.

There's a small status indicator to say if BT is connected.

There are buttons for up, down and mute for BT volume.

If space was a problem, the you'd stick with status and mute.

I realise that the necessary under the hood may not exist for these controls yet, but it can be controlled on the Pi, from my research.

This would get around the fact that the 3.5mm jack out of the Pi is often "dirty", and has low level interference on it in some installations.

Using a ground isolator results in a signal level drop that makes the audio too low level to be used... so it has to be boosted. That requires an active component.

Using BT gets around any earthing or interference pick up problems. It also makes for easy connection to any intercom with Bluetooth without getting into connector, balanced/unbalanced  and level rabbit holes...