Author Topic: PAW apparently transmitting different aircraft registration  (Read 2211 times)

SWP22C

PAW apparently transmitting different aircraft registration
« on: January 25, 2019, 04:46:45 pm »
I have had two instances recently when flying into one particular airfield - Turweston - when, on landing, the controller has reported that PAW has been indicating a registration of G-__MM, as against the correct one of G-__EL.
I have checked the settings on our setup and only the aircraft's own correct registration (as well as its HEX code) are properly listed. I have also tested it with another PAW set up on the ground and both pick up the correct identification of each other's aircraft.
Now, it is logical to say that the airfield's own installation must, somehow, be at fault, but they are adamant this this is the only instance that they have seen.
Has anyone else had any such experience?

Admin

Re: PAW apparently transmitting different aircraft registration
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 05:06:01 pm »
I am sure you know that PAW does not transmit the registration, only the ICAO code.
In which case I would guess there is a database error that cross references the ICAO code to the registration

I would need to cross reference your ICAO code against the database, you can PM me if you dont want to publish this info

thx
Lee

SWP22C

Re: PAW apparently transmitting different aircraft registration
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 06:04:56 pm »
Thank you Lee. Yes, my sloppy descriptive use of English. Will do.