Author Topic: Rosetta having crackling interference on voice warning  (Read 4544 times)

chayward

Rosetta having crackling interference on voice warning
« on: January 02, 2019, 11:50:56 pm »
First test flight today all went well with PAW and ADS-B out linked with Trig TT21
Apart from cracklings interferience with the PAW voice warning facility.
I am using Lightspeed ANR headset, I am connecting
The headset to PAW with the 3.5mm cable supplied with the headset.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Colin

PaulSS

Re: Rosetta having crackling interference on voice warning
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 03:02:30 am »
Almost all the interference snags that have made an appearance on this forum seem to come from some form of ground loop making noise in the audio circuit.

Likewise, they seem to have have mostly been solved by the simple inclusion of a ground loop isolator plugged into the circuit.

Try something like this and see if that solves the problem:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MPOW-Ground-Loop-Noise-Filter-Isolator-3-5mm-Cable-For-Home-Stereo-Car-Audio-AU/282904171838?hash=item41de67153e:g:Vy0AAOSwN~ZbmA5~:rk:2:pf:0

chayward

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 09:46:31 am »
Hi Paul
Many thanks for your suggestion. The link you sent is based
in OZ will search for a British supplier first.
Cheers
Colin

Admin

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 11:09:17 am »
Hi Colin

you will be pleased to know that in a forthcoming release we will be supporting A beta version of Audio over Bluetooth - so you should be able to connect your headset in BT wireless (assuming its the BT version of Zulu)

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 11:28:16 am »
Hi Paul
Many thanks for your suggestion. The link you sent is based
in OZ will search for a British supplier first.
Cheers
Colin

Colin,

That’s because Paul is based in Oz. He has also been asking for Bluetooth Audio for ages, so Lee’s post will be sure to put a smile on his face....  :D  ;D (though you will need to upgrade to Pi3/Rosetta to use it Paul).

If you still  wan’t to go down the Ground Loop Isolator route Colin, you will find suitable alternatives on eBay or Amazon UK. I can recommend the ‘Havit’ version (£7.99 on Amazon) or the ‘Aukey’ version (which was £7.99 on Amazon last time I bought one, but now £9.49).

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Peter

chayward

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 03:23:19 pm »
Hi Peter & Lee

Many thanks to you both for your help and guidance.
Lee, I am not sure if my headset is BT version .How would I know or find out.
Cable free would be a bonus.when do you foresee
The upgrade?
Peter,
I had already ordered a Ground Loop Isolater from
Ebay same model as Paul suggested.Fingures crossed🤞
Let you know how I get on.

Regards
Colin

Seanhump

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 03:44:42 pm »
Hi

If your Zulu control box looks like the attached then it's Bluetooth …(see the 3rd button up with the Bluetooth symbol on it)

Cheers
Sean
Pilotaware user ...

PaulSS

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 11:50:08 pm »
Yes, I was very pleased to see the development of Bluetooth audio and I am convinced it will be useful for many people  :)

The funny thing was getting a message from Lee the same day as I'd bought all the components to make an audio mixer. I will still make the mixer just for fun but will probably not fit it into the aircraft just to keep the panel looking 'clean'.

My Pi2 will be replaced with a Pi3 and then I'll eventually use the Pi2 for an OGN-R set up. The plan will be to eventually live on the Isle Of Wight (if the Oz house ever sells). I'm not sure there will be too much re-broadcasting to do there but it might help with an extra relay.

Just out of interest, does anyone know if the Pi3 can Bluetooth to more than one device? I know my iPad can only connect to one of my headsets and suspect it is a restriction of Bluetooth itself. I'm quite happy for me to hear the PAW audio and for my wife to think there's nobody else around but I suppose it would be better if both headsets could connect. It's really not that important and I'm delighted we'll be able to do away with another wire and, in my case, an audio mixer but it would be nice to know  ;D

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 02:07:17 am »
Did the ground loop isolation device fix the issue?

russp

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 09:59:55 am »
Did the ground loop isolation device fix the issue?
It fixed an identical problem on my install after reading this thread