Author Topic: PilotAware for security  (Read 3550 times)

Positiv

PilotAware for security
« on: November 04, 2018, 07:31:03 am »
Hello,
I have a concern.
The PilotAware after 365 days, stopped working is not good.
It would be better.
After the start, for 10 minutes.
Be, around your own plane.
Loud OGN stations are displayed. which form several circles around the plane.
That for 10 min or longer.
After the passage of time, PilotAware goes into normal mode.

This shows that the thought, the security.
There is

Giver

Re: PilotAware for security
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:54:53 am »
I personally would prefer a lifetime license fee, A one off and forget about a renewal date,

or if that’s difficult to implement then a 5 or 10 year block would be useful,
It would increase monies for further development and remove a fair amount of Admin work every year

just my thoughts on the matter. 

Ian Melville

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 10:14:38 am »
Sorry Positiv, I know English is not your first language, but I cannot understand why you think security is an issue? and where OGN comes into it.

The 12 month licence (365 Days) is useful in that it tells the admin group how many units are still active. Though free FLARM does a similar thing to force updates (not a bad idea for PAW as well). It's hardly difficult to do.

Positiv

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 10:33:45 am »
OGN stations are not displayed as an aircraft with me.
But as a circle.

Sorry for the bad English

The problem.
I fly many, Rumania Hungary Poland.
And then PW expired.

Ian Melville

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 12:15:16 pm »
I would not expect you to see any OGN stations. OGN-R should be the only ones visible. Lee may have an explanation.

Not sure that you are going to get it working with an expired licence, you need to sort that out first.

Admin

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 02:34:03 pm »
Hi Positiv,

you should have had an email reminder for the license expiry, did you not receive this ?

thx
Lee

Positiv

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 05:29:50 pm »
Hi Positiv,
you should have had an email reminder for the license expiry, did you not receive this ?
thx
Lee

YES. I received.  :D

But was longer abroad.
Without internet

exfirepro

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 09:06:41 am »
Positiv,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Having spent some time in Malaysia this Summer, I fully understand the issue of lack of internet in some places, but you must have internet access to be posting on here. You only need basic access to renew your PilotAware Licence Key from a mobile phone via www.pilotaware.lode.co.uk . All you need is the MAC address of your unit - from the PAW Home Screen, your name and e-mail and a credit card.

As Ian has said above, the annual renewal confirms the numbers of units continuing in use, but also funds ongoing development and helps to encourage users to update their software regularly - (the theory is that if you are paying for it, you will be much more likely to upgrade) keeping units at their best performance.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Best Regards

Peter