Author Topic: Seeing own ship 3D issue?  (Read 3362 times)

Ian Seager

Seeing own ship 3D issue?
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:14:51 pm »
Hi

Flying yesterday I had a couple of alerts for the aircraft I was flying. The reports appeared and disappeared, the software is configured for ownship, any ideas?

Screenshot attached

Thanks

Ian

Admin

Re: Seeing own ship 3D issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 03:00:24 pm »
Hi Ian,

can you post your configure page, this will help diagnose any issue

Thx
Lee

Ian Seager

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 11:32:43 pm »
Oops, seems a meatware problem at the user end. I had configured the correct Hex-ID, but for another aeroplane.

Sorry

Ian

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 07:49:15 am »
Ian, you may want to check your profiles are correct. You can then toggle between them if they are regular mounts like Ian's C180(if my memory is correct), or delete any that you are unlikely to fly again.

Cheers
Ian
Howsat, three Ian's in one post 😀

Keithvinning

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 09:00:03 pm »
Hi Ian

As Ian(M) said PilotAware will record all changes to the ICAO that you install so that users of "hire" aircraft can pick the configuration that they are flying today. This was an early request from our users to make things easy. The downside is that the "meatware" as you call it must be as alert as the electronics and make sure that the correct Tail reg and hence ICAO is selected.

An easy way round this would be to detect the onboard Mode S transponder autofill the ICAO code. However I believe that GARMIN realised this before others did and patented this simple but useful addition. Ho Hum

Keith

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 07:41:19 am »
Hi Ian,

An easy mistake to make - especially if swapping the PAW between aircraft, or in my case running different settings for in-air or on-the-Ground testing. Easily sorted once you realise what is going on though.

As per Ian M above, it is a good idea to periodically check the data in the saved profiles and update/resave as necessary. I have caught myself out several times  :-\  :-[

Best Regards

Peter