Author Topic: conection  (Read 5214 times)

j.hunt333@yahoo.co.uk

conection
« on: October 21, 2018, 09:16:43 am »
Hi can someone please help .. I am getting no luck with the pilotaware email for help !!
I cannot connect the pilotaware to the tablet cause of wifi problems as it has expired but cannot connect to renew …
And yes I am using the right power supply..
Is there a reboot or anything on the pilotaware ??
Thanks John

Paul_Sengupta

Re: conection
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 09:33:12 am »
Being expired shouldn't prevent you connecting to the Wifi I don't think.

1) You can plug an ethernet cable in from your home router and then connect through your home network. You might need to remove the Wifi dongle and you might need to look at the router to see what that IP address allocated is.

2) You can completely wipe and reformat and put the software back on the SD card. I believe the instructions are somewhere in the PilotAware instructions.

AlanG

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 09:54:46 am »
Hi John
you are a little bit vague with your info, I take it you mean the Paw licence has expired and Paul is correct that this alone will not prevent you from logging on to the Paw as this is required to renew the licence once you have been to the pilotaware.lode.co.uk website to renew and obtain your new licence key.
A bit drastic to start wiping the card and reloading the software at this stage.
You say you are having wifi problems, is this with your home wifi system or is it just that you cannot see the pilotaware hotspot from the Paw unit when you enter the 192.168.1.1 into the URL address bar of your browser?
A bit more detailed info would help enormously with diagnosis.

Regards
Alan

j.hunt333@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 10:13:26 am »
Hi ok thanks have tried ethernet but no luck …
Yes I am trying to connect to renew the paw and I have it but I cannot connect to it via wifi to be able to use the google browers.
Thanks

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 10:22:19 am »
Hi John,

PilotAware does have a reboot function for rebooting the system after certain system changes, but this is only accessible after logging on to the HomeScreen. Standard reboot is achieved simply by pulling the power, waiting a few seconds, then plugging it back in again. Remember it takes several minutes to boot up again before the PilotAware WiFi Hotspot re-appears.

Are you saying this isn’t appearing? Can you check by looking on another device - e.g. mobile phone and confirm if the hotspot is appearing or not.

Regards

Peter

j.hunt333@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 10:25:05 am »
Hi it is appearing but saying the connection is no good for data

exfirepro

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 10:30:01 am »
Ok John,

That is CORRECT. The PilotAware Hotspot does NOT provide access to the Internet as it is designed only to supply data from PilotAware to your Nav System.

Can you now connect to the PilotAware HomeScreen by entering 192.168.1.1 in your internet browser?

Peter

j.hunt333@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 10:39:22 am »
Hi that's just it I cannot it says,  " internet may not be available "  on the wifi settings .
and on google it says  " your offline"

exfirepro

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 10:46:25 am »
John

What type of Tablet are you using?

You need to clear whatever is in the URL box to remove any conflicting data, then type 192.168.1.1 - (not www.192 etc or https://192. etc - which some browsers try to insert).

Can you try this please. If it still doesn’t work, try connecting from a diffferent tablet or mobile phone and let me know how you get on.

Peter

j.hunt333@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 10:54:16 am »
Hi Peter many thanks I am in ..
thankyou very much

exfirepro

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 10:56:03 am »
John

What type of Tablet are you using?

You need to clear whatever is in the URL box to remove any conflicting data, then type 192.168.1.1 - (not www.192 etc or https://192. etc - which some browsers try to insert).

Can you try this please. If it still doesn’t work, try connecting from a diffferent tablet or mobile phone and let me know how you get on.

Peter
John,

I think you are saying that you have already renewed your Licence and have got the new License Key. Is this correct?

For clarification - you do know (I trust) that you can’t get the licence key through the PilotAware?

You have to connect to https://PilotAware.lode.co.uk on a tablet, phone or home PC via for example your home internet router or 3/4G connection, select the ‘Renew Your Key’ option, complete all of the details and make the necessary payment, after which your new Key will be e-mailed to you.

Only after receiving the email with the new Key do you log in to your PilotAware to update and save the new Key.

Just checking for confirmation that you have done this bit.

Peter

exfirepro

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 10:58:18 am »
Hi John,

Sorry overposted the above. I see you are now in. Let me know if everything is ok after you put in the new License Key. Don’t forget to ‘Save’ your settings at the bottom of the Configure Screen.

Best Regards

Peter

j.hunt333@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 11:07:23 am »
Hi thanks all for the help ..
yes new paw renewed now thanks ..
Many thanks John

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 12:07:10 pm »
I've also noticed that some browsers seem to default, when you're typing in 192.168, to 192.168.l.l where l is lower case L. Most bizarre.