Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 5433 times)

Richard

Facebook
« on: October 14, 2015, 10:16:43 am »
Would there be any interest in setting up a Facebook Group so we can post PilotAware to our online flying friends As I'm finding the still a lot of Pilots still have not heard of Lee's fantastic project. I'm not very good on a PC so maybe of interest If someone wants to set it up.
Richard.
Europa XS

Bill Maxwell

Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:43:01 am »
No interest from me, as I will not use Facebook. As an additional outlet it may have benefit but then again, it would presumably split discussion between the two media and we might all lose the benefit of collective wisdom as a result.

Bill

Mig29fuk

• G-MYUP. White Ox Mead Airstrip. Near Bath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 12:08:19 pm »
Thanks for suggestion but No Thank You!
G-MYUP
White Ox Mead Airstrip
Bath. England

neilmurg

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 12:17:42 pm »
I could see that working along side the forum,  to point people here and the web site. It might also be handy for testing against other sets. Ianfallon's Google map is also a great resource, I'll be joining it as soon as my box is up and running, although I'm inside the London TMA/class D

pete clarke

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 12:36:45 pm »
No thanks
I know nothing about social networking, but surely, if you are into it, you can tell your friends about PilotAware already without needing to form a group. Just point them to the forum and website.

SteveN

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 01:15:06 pm »
There is  a Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/PilotAware

I'm not interested in widening discussion there either as Facebook would own everything we wrote.

The Westmorland Flyer

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 01:23:07 pm »
No interest here in FB. The existing FB site does the marketing well enough and IMO all other discussions belong here on the forum.
John
G-JONL, Sportcruiser, Carlisle

Ian Melville

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 02:05:56 pm »
There is  a Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/PilotAware

I'm not interested in widening discussion there either as Facebook would own everything we wrote.
+1

Robski

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 03:02:35 pm »
Faceache?

Ugh!

And what everybody else said!
Rob
If the good Lord had intended man to fly He would have given him more money.

Richard

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 03:50:30 pm »
OK... No Problem It was only a suggestion.  I'm with the majority vote and its a NO... at this stage of development.

Thank you for the reply's.
Richard.
Europa XS