Author Topic: Pilot aware only stations.  (Read 2442 times)

peter.seddon

Pilot aware only stations.
« on: September 25, 2018, 10:56:35 pm »
I started off running an OGN only station until Keith contacted me with an upgrade offer which I've now done (still have one more to do Keith). Are there any stations out there who are PAW only and if so would it be advantageous to reach out to them to add OGN to there setup? This would be beneficial to both the gilding and GA communities IMO.
Peter S
G-DDLA

Ian Melville

Re: Pilot aware only stations.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 06:30:32 am »
I doubt there are any.  A few may have run their aircraft unit at home for a while, but that is not really useful in the long term. The closest was Eric, who has been upgraded to OGN-R.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:32:28 am by Ian Melville »

exfirepro

Re: Pilot aware only stations.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 08:26:40 am »
Hi Peter,

The only ‘long-term’ Pure PAW Base station I am aware of was EricC’s at Poulton-le-Fylde, which has been running constantly since he set it up to test a friend’s in-aircraft PAW install back in 2016.

Eric recently installed a full OGN-R station at the same location (with a little remote help from myself) and on my advice has now shut down his PAW Base Station Tx as it was automatically triggering his OGN rebroadcast, meaning that the OGN-R was effectively on constant transmit.

Good idea to upgrade other PAW bases to OGN-R though.

Best Regards

Peter (Robertson)