Author Topic: IOS 12 and Skydemon - on the laggy side ...  (Read 3639 times)

Seanhump

IOS 12 and Skydemon - on the laggy side ...
« on: September 23, 2018, 10:35:21 am »
Morning all..

Just in case you've spotted the lag on SD recently (assuming you've gone to IOS 12) - it's nothing to do with PAW (I had this yesterday, first flight with IOS 12, wasn't sure what was causing it)

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic26978.aspx

Keeping an eye on this thread to see what comes of it
Pilotaware user ...

exfirepro

Re: IOS 12 and Skydemon - on the laggy side ...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 08:05:03 pm »
Hi Sean,

I had an e-mail a few days ago from Airbox advising Runway HD users using iOS devices not to update them to iOS12 as it apparently causes a black space to appear between the Runway HD charts.

It looks like we all need to tread very carefully until the Nav System developers find out how their systems will run.

Please keep us posted.

Regards

Peter

brinzlee

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 08:58:42 am »
I can confirm the findings too.....SkyDemon is definitely very 'laggy' in screen refresh and pressing key touchscreen responses...I used it on three flights yesterday and each one was the same, almost to the point of non functional.
Coincidentally I was using it with PilotAware Rosetta too but I only experienced this issue since the upgrade to iOS12 and the newest update of SkyDemon 3.10.4.132 so am fairly sure PilotAware is no factor at all....Lets hope the boys at SkyDemon sort this quickly as I am sure they will.....

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 10:16:34 am »
Hi Brinz / All,

I was running SD version 3.10.4.131 (beta) yesterday -  (the pre-release to the new 3.10.4) on iOS 11.4.1 via Rosetta with no probs whatsoever. In view of the reported issues, I would definitely suggest holding back the iOS 12 update for anyone anticipating any significant flights until the Nav system providers get a chance to catch up.

Best Regards

Peter

brinzlee

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 12:02:45 pm »
It seems a little strange they introduced another update shortly  after the release of 3.10.4 to include engine and block time buttons on the sideways profile map when stationary....I wonder if a bug crept in then....and it just coincided with  iOS 12.....Software debugging.....so frustrating !! Especially as Tim Dawson is saying its not affecting all devices....unless he means not affecting android

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 09:48:50 pm »
Hi All,

I finally got an ‘Update to iOS12’ notification yesterday on my iPad Mini 3, and as SD have now issued their ‘fix’ update, I decided to update both.... iOS to iOS12.0 and SD to version 3.10.5.134.... and go flying.

Happy to report everything appears to be working fine - at least over 2 x 30 minute flights.

Regards

Peter

Seanhump

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 04:58:53 pm »
Hi All ..

Back from leave.... I noticed the SD update was pushed out whilst I was away - I'll update and try it over the coming week.

As per the update notes, it only seemed to 'happen' when used for over an hour or so ….

Lets hope its resolved!!
Pilotaware user ...