Author Topic: OGN-R, FlightAware, Flightradar24 and more on the same Pi  (Read 3111 times)

Vince

OGN-R, FlightAware, Flightradar24 and more on the same Pi
« on: September 18, 2018, 10:41:18 pm »
Has anyone got FlightAware, Flightradar24 and other trackers on the same Pi as OGN-R and if so how did you do it?

I have tried to build dump1090-mutability on the Pilotaware-OGN build but it fails to compile.

Vince
Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

exfirepro

Re: OGN-R, FlightAware, Flightradar24 and more on the same Pi
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 08:57:49 am »
Hi Vince,

Long time since we heard from you on here. Not sure of the details, but it has been done - I think by one of the 360Radar Group - Kevin W IIRCC. He was running 3 separate Rx dongles I believe. I am just waiting for Lee and Ash to decide the definitive way to do this as all the Clubs I have agreement to install OGN-R at want a big screen so their members can see the location of all the local traffic on the same screen.

p.s. Just did a search... see this thread...

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,1070.msg12826.html#msg12826

This is actually very current in view of recent developments with Mode S/3D, which uses MLAT data to rebroadcast Mode S Aircraft positions ‘on request’ to passing PilotAware Aircraft from our OGN-R network - now in the extended testing phase so not yet ‘live’, though it was demonstrated ‘live’ at the recent LAA Rally at Sywell. Interesting times. Watch this space as they say  ;)

Best Regards

Peter