Author Topic: Traffic Screen Query  (Read 2390 times)

Gary Nelson

Traffic Screen Query
« on: September 06, 2018, 07:43:56 am »
I attach a screenshot of my PAW Traffic page just after I landed yesterday early evening. Any idea why so many commercial jets only show an “F” under the Mode column. I thought that meant Flarm?

NB:  My set-up is Sky Demon with Pilot Aware Classic and a Flarm Classic mouse (made by LV Nav) plugged into the PAW. I also transmit uncertified ADSB via a Kanardia Horis 57.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:10:51 am by Gary Nelson »

Ian Melville

Re: Traffic Screen Query
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 10:34:44 am »
Looks like there is a playback of a track in progress as well as 'Live' traffic. Playback traffic shows with an F. I suspect too late to check your Track tab to see if that is the case. Has a reboot resolved it?

I've mentioned it to Lee before that Playback will mix with live traffic and before doing a playback should remove the SDR dongle.

Gary Nelson

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 11:01:28 am »
Ian

1.     Thanks for clarifying. I was indeed playing back a Track and not aware playback shows as an "F". I guess I will have to live with this as it is not feasible to disconnect the SDR dongle as all wired in behind my Console (my master switch also switches on the hidden PAW).

2.     Is there any way to play these Tracks back at home, rather than having to be next to or sitting in the plane to be close to my Pilot Aware unit. I can't seem to download these Track files to my iPad but can email them as attachments.

Gary

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 11:32:03 am »
There will soon be a playback tool online, but nothing reliable at the moment. Just waiting for the nod to say it's going public.

From an iPad you can save to Dropbox(other cloud storage availble), or if you have an accesble USB port to a Pen Drive.

Gary Nelson

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 01:40:33 pm »
Noted and if I save to Dropbox then how do I play it back on Sky Demon?

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 03:54:20 pm »
Gary,

You can’t at the moment - which is where the new tool comes in - hopefully very soon  ;)

Regards

Peter