Author Topic: Strange problem of no ADS-B traffic after PAW software update  (Read 2658 times)

Etheav8r

Strange problem of no ADS-B traffic after PAW software update
« on: October 12, 2015, 10:30:15 pm »
I have constructed 3 PAW units, one for me and the other 2 for friends.  2 are 'original' design build as per the PDF guide, and the 3rd is using a Slice of POD - this makes life SO much easier.  All 3 have the Barometer update.

I quickly tested them by loading Release 20150912 software on the PAWs, powering on, connecting and checking for some ADS-B traffic way up high.  All 3 appeared good.  I then went away on holiday so had to leave them.  On returning I updated all 3 PAW units to PilotAware Release 20151003.  However although all seem to be running OK, I am seeing no ADS-B traffic on any of them.  (SkyDemon on iPad with the latest CollisionAware).  There is a solid GPS connection via FLARM but no other traffic.

I have reverted one of them to PilotAware Release 20150912 - and up pops the ADS-B traffic - not a lot of it, but there is some.

Stumped!

Admin

Re: Strange problem of no ADS-B traffic after PAW software update
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 11:54:27 am »
As a quick debug, can you try the following

1. go to the web interface 192.168.1.1, select configure, tick 'adsb', and save
2. now go to the logging page and see if there are any messages

Please remember to uncheck the 'adsb' option and save after testing

Thx
Lee

Etheav8r

Re: Strange problem of no ADS-B traffic after PAW software update
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 05:17:13 pm »
Hi Lee

Yes there are messages.  The first time I tried, there were lots and lots of messages,  SDR-USB: MSG,7,111,11111,00000...  and also MSG,5,.... and others.

Now there is just the same message time stamped approx. every 59 seconds