Author Topic: Audible traffic alerts  (Read 3411 times)

Skyhawk

Audible traffic alerts
« on: June 21, 2018, 09:48:59 am »
I am considering purchasing a Rosetta. My questions are related to audible traffic alerts. I hope I can get some advice here.

I have a Lightspeed Zulu 3 headset, this is usually linked via Bluetooth to my iPad so that I can hear SkyDemon alerts.

1. How do the SkyDemon audible traffic alerts compare to the PAW audible alerts?

2. Will my Zulu 3 headset allow me to hear both the aux audio input from PAW and the Bluetooth audio from SkyDemon? If so, can I supress just the traffic audible alerts in SkyDemon? Do I need to do this to avoid duplicate alerts?

Aeroplane: Cessna 172P, equipped with a Trigg TT31 Mode S transponder. Audio panel does not have aux audio inputs, so will be relying on the Zulu 3 inputs alone.

Thank you in advance.

Keithvinning

Re: Audible traffic alerts
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 07:45:06 pm »
Hi Skyhawk

I use Zulu headsets with a 3.5mm cable running from PAW to the battery box so using the music in function.
This works well and it dims when there is ATC intervention.
I find the SD audio buzz buzz buzz loud enough in free air ie no connection to let me know when I am about to hit a mountain or bust airspace and the PAW voice alerts significantly better

Give this a try

Keith

Skyhawk

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:04:50 pm »
Thank you for the reply Keith.

May I ask what tablet you use for SkyDemon? I am using an iPad Air 2 - which I have mounted on the RHS yoke. I have the iPad on maximum volume, however I can't really hear the alerts that well without the Bluetooth audio link.

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 09:01:05 pm »
iPad volume will have no effect. PAW does not pass audio to the tablet

Ericsp

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 05:18:54 pm »
Where can I get a 3.5mm jack cable from?

Seanhump

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 06:42:35 pm »
Pilotaware user ...