Author Topic: Yet again - ghost target 100 feet above  (Read 16182 times)

davidbu99

Re: Yet again - ghost target 100 feet above
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2018, 10:53:43 pm »
Lee,

Almost all of my logs (the last 8 at least) contain these PFLAA sentences. To confirm your theory not a single sentence shows a relative vertical distance of less than 100 feet. If its of interest I noted a lot of the PFLAA alarm level 3 messages seem clustered around a relative vertical distance of 59m to 62m. Or is this a function of sensitivity setting? Some of the alerts are seen when descending or climbing.

I concur these are most likely my own target. I've a new bridge now as I've upgraded to Rosetta but haven't flown with this yet.

Not sure I opened the door during flight or dangled my PAW unit out of the window so unsure there was any sudden change of air pressure  :)

If you want any more track files let me know. I'll retest with Rosetta shortly and advise if I am seeing the same ghost targets.

Thanks for the email btw.

Admin

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 08:24:01 am »
Hi David

We have some additional ideas we will be implementing to help ignore your own mode C responses
Are you interested in trying out beta code ?
The beta code will generate lots of diagnostics we can analyse offline
Thx
Lee

davidbu99

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2018, 09:02:49 am »
Lee, yes, happy to do some beta code testing. I’ve got a few flights coming up so good timing, thanks, David

bottoj

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2018, 08:46:50 pm »
I've also suffered fairly frequent Mode C alerts although I've started to learn to ignore them due to the callsign format (e.g. C-0A60) and the fact they appear instantly as a red ring and fairly quickly disappear again. They are random in nature and I'm unsure what triggers them. Usually 100ft below.

We have the same problem. I'm learning to ignore them, but it frightens the passenger.
We have a Garmin GRX327 Mode C.

If there is a fix/Beta available I'd like to try it.

Thanks...

stillstanding

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2019, 10:40:29 am »
Over the past 2-3 months this has started happening to me too. I have checked and mode CS+filter is selected. Is there going to be an update soon to tackle this please? At present I'm disconnecting the audio to cut out the continuous warnings.

Admin

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2019, 12:51:58 pm »
Over the past 2-3 months this has started happening to me too. I have checked and mode CS+filter is selected. Is there going to be an update soon to tackle this please? At present I'm disconnecting the audio to cut out the continuous warnings.

Hi stillstanding
What version are you running ?
Can you take a screenshot of your home page & the configure page
Also can you provide the track file for the flight which has reported your own transponder.

There is an upcoming improvement I am hoping to release soon

Thx
Lee

stillstanding

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2019, 03:06:49 pm »
Thanks. Version is 20180520. Files attached plus link for log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjvkmxc8yebxpiz/2019-01-15_14-35.trk?dl=0

Mike

Ian Melville

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2019, 06:15:50 pm »
Lots of data in the track log that Lee is best placed to comment on. A significant number of mode C audio alerts particularly in climb and decent, all less than 100ft below.

There also seem to be some issues on the Home page, perhaps because it had only been running for a few minutes? Can you do a new screenshot after it has been running for more than 15 minutes in view of the open sky?

Cheers
Ian

stillstanding

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2019, 06:24:09 pm »
Sorry, should have said I captured the Home page with the PA indoors, it was raining hard, it all lights up green.

Yes the audio alerts start in the climb, don’t know about descent as audio muted at about 500 feet!

Ian Melville

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2019, 07:45:52 pm »
It is the "Command Not Registered" that interested me.

stillstanding

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2019, 08:33:38 pm »
Thanks Ian. Its stopped raining so I've tested the unit, rebooted 3 times and left it on as you suggested. Screen shots attached.

Ian Melville

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2019, 09:04:08 pm »
Can you give me full details of your power supply and USB cable that feeds the power?

exfirepro

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2019, 09:29:12 pm »

Ian,

I’m pretty sure Lee said elsewhere that that’s just because the unit is running an older Kernel, so it isn’t able to respond to the ‘Throttling Display Command’. Not something to worry about.

Peter

stillstanding

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2019, 09:35:02 pm »
A fully charged Anker 20100 with JuiceBitz cable.

Can you give me full details of your power supply and USB cable that feeds the power?

Ian,

I’m pretty sure Lee said elsewhere that that’s just because the unit is running an older Kernel, so it isn’t able to respond to the ‘Throttling Display Command’. Not something to worry about.

Peter

Admin

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2019, 03:06:31 am »
Thanks. Version is 20180520. Files attached plus link for log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjvkmxc8yebxpiz/2019-01-15_14-35.trk?dl=0
Mike

Hi Mike,
I have looked at the track file, and it appears to be representative of the case which I have a fix in the pipeline.
So please hold fire till the release and see if this fixes the issue you are seeing.
If it does not, there is also more logging that is put into the track file to indicate why you are seeing these false-positives

Thx
Lee