Author Topic: RESOLVED... Licence stopped working  (Read 4548 times)

Richard

RESOLVED... Licence stopped working
« on: July 29, 2018, 06:53:34 pm »
Hi Lee
    I recently upgraded to Rosetta and Pi3B but my licence has stopped working I have re booted etc re entered the licence but still no luck can you help it was working.!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:43:46 pm by Richard »
Richard.
Europa XS

Ian Melville

Re: Licence stopped working
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 09:02:47 pm »
The licence is tied to the Pi. If you changed the Pi to a Pi3B, then you will need to contact Lee for a new licence key. Send him a PM from the forum with the new MAC  address

Richard

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 09:19:42 pm »
Thank you but we have already dun this over to the pi3 it worked at first but has stoped now. Very strange.
Richard.
Europa XS

Admin

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 10:22:57 pm »
Very weird, look at the date
It thinks it is the year 2023

Richard

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 10:38:51 pm »
What do you think has caused it?  How do I fix it?

Richard.
Europa XS

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 11:03:34 pm »
I had the opposite problem with one of mine. It went back in time and an expired licence became unexpired again.  :o Anyway, it didn't last long as the GPS should pick up the time when it picks up a signal. Try leaving it outside for a bit. I had to do then then reboot so the unit picks up the correct time and date.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 11:07:15 pm »
Though actually it shows the GPS as being unavailable...?

PaulSS

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 11:53:15 pm »

That's because in 2023 Skynet has taken over the world and shut down the GPS network. The machines rule and are not concerned about traffic awareness......until they collide with each other.

Admin

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 08:59:44 am »
What do you think has caused it?  How do I fix it?

I have no idea, I have never seen this.
The date/time is set by the GPS, so how it ever imagined that it was 2023 confuses me.

So let me explain the fix.
Firstly the clock is monotonic, which means it only moves forward, it cannot move backwards, which is a real issue in this instance.
The easiest method is to do a factory reset, which is quite easy (if you have not done before)

1. Connect an HDMI monitor and USB keyboard, you can remove all other dongles.

2. apply power to PilotAware, at the splash-screen hold down the shift key
once the shift is recognized, you will be asked if you want to re-install, answer yes

3. the re-install will take about 15 minutes, please ensure power is not removed during this period.

4. after re-install complete you will need to re-enter your configuration details - license hexid etc

I can put a fix into the product so this does not happen again, but for now this is the best solution
So thinking a little further on this, were you using a different GPS source by any chance ?
I cannot see how the date of 2023 would have been returned from the GPS, the messages have a checksum.

I will put a fix into the next release so that the date is no longer monotonic, and will be set by the GPS respectively

Sorry about this Richard, I have never seen this before.

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:01:15 am by Admin »

Admin

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 09:02:38 am »

Unfortunately the GPS is not referenced until the license is valid.
The clock is expected to be monotonic.
I can fix this in the next release, but have never seen this before.

Thx
Lee

Richard

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 09:42:46 pm »

I have no idea, I have never seen this.
The date/time is set by the GPS, so how it ever imagined that it was 2023 confuses me.

So let me explain the fix.
Firstly the clock is monotonic, which means it only moves forward, it cannot move backwards, which is a real issue in this instance.
The easiest method is to do a factory reset, which is quite easy (if you have not done before)

1. Connect an HDMI monitor and USB keyboard, you can remove all other dongles.

2. apply power to PilotAware, at the splash-screen hold down the shift key
once the shift is recognized, you will be asked if you want to re-install, answer yes

3. the re-install will take about 15 minutes, please ensure power is not removed during this period.

4. after re-install complete you will need to re-enter your configuration details - license hexid etc

I can put a fix into the product so this does not happen again, but for now this is the best solution
So thinking a little further on this, were you using a different GPS source by any chance ?
I cannot see how the date of 2023 would have been returned from the GPS, the messages have a checksum.

I will put a fix into the next release so that the date is no longer monotonic, and will be set by the GPS respectively

Sorry about this Richard, I have never seen this before.

Thx
Lee

Ok all up and running again. To Sort out any unknown problems I decided to do a full system file reload. All compleat Ok.

Lee, you asked if I had swapped GPS receiver?  Yes I did over to the mouse gps.  It must somehow messed things up ????

I will monitor to see if it happens again, but so far so good

Many thanks.
Richard.
Europa XS

Admin

Re: RESOLVED... Licence stopped working
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 10:08:55 pm »
Hi Richard
You will be pleased to know that I have already implemented a fix to the issue you reported
Glad to hear all working again
Thx
Lee

Richard

Re: RESOLVED... Licence stopped working
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 10:48:35 pm »
Thank you again. It should stop it happen to some one els.

Grate work.

I was at Keith’s presentation at Sherburn on the 26th July, he was brilliant.  It.was nice to have a peek at what’s around the corner. Keep up the good work.

I sent Keith a PM but still awaiting his reply.
Richard.
Europa XS