Author Topic: Incorrect Aircraft Reg  (Read 3268 times)

pioneer

Incorrect Aircraft Reg
« on: July 25, 2018, 06:24:50 pm »
Hi to all
I regularly fly in company with another aircraft which changed reg number last year, the other aircraft has mode S but no PilotAware.
When we fly I see the other aircraft displaying the old reg marking and occasionally both markings alternating.
He has checked his transponder setting and they are correct, has anybody any idea why this should be happening, I am running PilotAware with latest update. I would insert a screenshot if I knew how.
Brian

Moffrestorer

Re: Incorrect Aircraft Reg
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 10:08:52 am »
Hi Brian,

Are you able to advise the make and model no. of your friend’s Transponder? Presumably it’s not connected to a GPS/EFIS to give ADS-B Out?

pioneer

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:59:43 am »
Hi Chris
It is in Grahams Pioneer, Trig transponder not connected to give ADS-B out.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 11:35:32 am »
I think this is related to the database I use to lookup hexid -> reg
can you tell me the hexid in question ?

thx
Lee

Moffrestorer

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 10:13:11 am »
Hi Lee,

Not sure where Brian went... :-\

I understand that the HexID of the Pioneer aircraft in question is 406313.

Thx,

Chris

Admin

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 12:29:35 pm »
So my Database shows 406313 as G-GKEV, and this agrees with ginfo
I suspect the Mode-S transponder on GKEV has not had the flightID set correctly

Thx
Lee

Moffrestorer

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 02:04:37 pm »
Hi Lee,

Just tried putting “GKEV” in G-INFO and it reports back as G-SHMN, the aircraft’s “new” registration that has been in place for over a year. As  I understand it, Brian was mainly seeing G- GKEV reporting from it via PAW, but occasionally both registrations alternating! The G- INFO database appears correct in that it lists the current registration (and HexID) when searched for under either registration. It seems your database may be incorrect if it has two entries for the same HexID.

I believe the Transponder flight ID was set correctly by the new owner, to the new registration.

Regards,

Chris

pioneer

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 11:56:22 am »
Hi Chris &Lee
Sorry not replied sooner been away for a few days.
Graham has checked his txpr tranmission with Bristol and Cardiff both report the correct readout G_SHMN, P/A is still showing old reg and occasionally both regs.