Author Topic: Traffic radar in SkyDemon  (Read 11357 times)

grahambaker

Re: Traffic radar in SkyDemon
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2019, 08:59:09 am »
Peter,

You won’t get both the traffic display options on one device. It’s either-or.

Below a certain screen size you get the separate screen, above that you see the resizeable panel at the bottom of the main chart display.

BobD

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2019, 05:00:57 pm »
Hi Guys,
I can confirm Graham's note is correct, it's either/or, as seen on my phone & android devices.
The Radar screen appeared in the right hand lower corner of SD, immediately on connection to PAW, during my flight today. I'm not sure if this is due to an update, or if I've just missed it in the past, as I don't recall seeing it before, but pleased to confirm it is working as expected on Android.
(Un)fortunately, never got close enough to any other aircraft for them to appear on the Radar screen, during my flight North today, or during my weather diversion to Doncaster, but that's another story....  ???

exfirepro

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2019, 05:54:43 pm »
Thanks Bob,

Nothing significant to report from my flights today - East Fortune to Athey’s Moor and return. Results were in line with our combined findings.

Hopefully SkyDemon will reply to our posts on their forum with some clarification / corroboration after the holidays.

Best Regards to all and Happy New Year when it comes.

Peter

exfirepro

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2020, 11:04:21 am »
Hi All,

Just received this update from Tim Dawson....

You only get any options regarding traffic once your receiver has actually received some traffic.

Whether you get the option to display a full-screen traffic radar or an embedded traffic radar depends entirely upon the size of screen used. On Android we currently require the screen to be over 2.5 inches wide but that's not a documented value and could change at any time.

At least this clarifies what we should be getting.

Regards

Peter

exfirepro

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2020, 11:33:43 pm »
Hi All,

As an experiment this afternoon, I downloaded an extra copy of SD onto my wife’s (smaller but newer) Android phone (a Samsung Galaxy A3 with a 4+” screen).

As I was unable to actually ‘go flying’, I only ran SD in Simulation Mode.

As per Tim Dawson’s advice, the ‘Traffic’ option didn’t appear in the SD Logo drop-down menu until after I spawned aircraft traffic, - when I was then able to bring up the Traffic Radar ‘full screen’ with appropriate visual and audio traffic reports (though of course neither of these would be available on this screen for Bearingless Traffic).

Best Regards

Peter

tlaundy

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2020, 11:52:14 am »
Hi Team,
     Having 'fiddled' with the vertical settings in PAW and SD I now have the radar screen visible on my iPad SD screen. And now I realise that one can toggle the size I can actually see it as well!

Thank you all, for the help and info.

Trevor

exfirepro

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2020, 05:36:35 pm »
Hi again Trevor,

Glad to hear you have now got the Traffic Radar working on your iPad  - and we have all learned a bit more along the way. I’d call that a result!  :D

Best Regards

Peter