Author Topic: Profile snag - SSID Changes  (Read 2012 times)

Seanhump

Profile snag - SSID Changes
« on: July 16, 2018, 02:02:19 pm »
Hi

Little snag spotted - not sure if it's by design or not so I thought I'd mention it..

The upgrade to the Pi3 has meant re-setting up the Aircraft profiles for the machines I fly …

I've changed the SSID of the PAW to something a little more suitable, and it's fine on the profile I've created for the first machine

When creating a profile for a second machine, the SSID reverts to the 'stock' one (ie, the one containing the MAC address) and the PAW then won't connect when that profile is selected until the Wifi is reconnected manually to the 'new' wifi hotspot

Updating the SSID in the second profile so it's the same as the first seems to cure this and you can switch between profiles normally … (ie, without having to reconnect to a different hotspot)

Apologies if this has been mentioned before ….

Cheers
Pilotaware user ...

SimonC

Re: Profile snag - SSID Changes
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 07:53:21 pm »
Glad it's not just me! Thank you for posting. I have experienced something very similar but I haven't had chance to troubleshoot it properly.

There is a link though between changing aircraft profiles and the need to re-establish a wireless connection by entering the details again on the iPad

I don't think it is related to the PI3 upgrade, I think it is to do with the latest software version. I'm still using a PI2B which has worked perfectly until recently with the lateset software.

Admin

Re: Profile snag - SSID Changes
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 04:49:50 pm »
This is fixed in my current build, so will be fixed in the next release

Thx
Lee