Author Topic: Rosetta Hard Wiring  (Read 3561 times)

turkeysneck

Rosetta Hard Wiring
« on: July 10, 2018, 08:46:42 pm »
I'm probably going to upgrade to the Rosetta and I thought there was going to be a small loom available to hard wire it into the aircraft. I can't find anyinformation it anymore so will have to make something myself.
Has anyone hard wired it in and would like to share how they did it.

Ian Melville

Re: Rosetta Hard Wiring
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 06:34:55 am »
As installations are so individual, I cannot t see how making a loom available is possible. I have never seen it discussed before.

PaulSS

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 07:48:52 am »
I don't think even I would find this one too difficult.

You could have the aircraft 12v supply to a USB converter, such as the Charge2/4, and then plug the Rosetta power lead into one of the USB slots. You could have a 12v DC to 5v DC USB converter (look on Amazon and eBay) and do it that way with the same Rosetta power lead (but might be noisy, which the Charge 2/4 specifically avoids) or you could have 12v DC to 5v DC step down transformer and wire up the Rosetta power supply to the 5v side. Nothing complicated at all I think.....and I can just about wire a plug.

Giver

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:06:36 am »
I don't think even I would find this one too difficult.

You could have the aircraft 12v supply to a USB converter, such as the Charge2/4, and then plug the Rosetta power lead into one of the USB slots. You could have a 12v DC to 5v DC USB converter (look on Amazon and eBay) and do it that way with the same Rosetta power lead (but might be noisy, which the Charge 2/4 specifically avoids) or you could have 12v DC to 5v DC step down transformer and wire up the Rosetta power supply to the 5v side. Nothing complicated at all I think.....and I can just about wire a plug.
Totally agree with paul with the additional speaker lead direct to a headset for Audio in or wired to a Audio panel if you have one, plus the recommended CAT5 lead to feed info to a suitable Transponder,
All very simple really  :D  Also may be worth looking at a remote GPS puck if the Rosetta is being fitted behind the instrument panel,

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 10:51:09 am »
Hi T,

What type of aircraft are you talking about? Have you seen the ‘Fixed Installations’ section on the Forum Home Page?

As the others have said, connection is pretty straightforward for a standard Rosetta fit, but Keith and Ash are working on fitting kits for known aircraft types - especially to cope with more complex antenna installs. I suggest you drop an e-mail to support@pilotaware.com 

Hope this helps

Regards

Peter

Keithvinning

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 11:19:39 am »
Hi All

Lots going on at PAW HQ.

We will be introducing 3 installation kits next week.
All with tuned aerials and cables
(i) With external antennas for metal aircraft or aircraft with ground planes
(ii) With inexpensive external antennas for metal aircraft or aircraft with ground planes
(iii) With tuned horn antennas (1090 and 869.5MHz) for aircraft that want internal antennas

The kits will also include a GPS Mouse an ANKER Cigar lighter power supply and socket

Installation instructions will also be provided but as has been said previously each installation will be somewhat bespoke.

The kits will be available for Classic and Rosetta type units with the former having an additional MCX to SMA converter.

We will also discount Rosetta if bought at the same time to account for bits not used ie antennas and GPS.

Richard

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 07:57:12 am »
Hi Keith
    I’m interested in the external antenna you have produce. I have sent you a private message

Richard.
Europa XS