Author Topic: Compatible with iGlide or iPilot navigational software  (Read 4790 times)

fuxair

Compatible with iGlide or iPilot navigational software
« on: June 30, 2018, 07:16:17 am »
I used to work with iGlide, a navigational software by air avionics that runs on my iPad mini. It connects to airconnect via WiFi. In my understanding Rosetta or classic PAW uses the same protocol as airconnect - at least that‘s the interface type which is chosen in other software. So I guess, it should be compatible to iGlide, iPilot or FreeFlight (https://www.air-avionics.com/?page_id=439).

Has anybody this combination and can confirm that it works?

Thanks!

Admin

Re: Compatible with iGlide or iPilot navigational software
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 01:56:25 pm »
I will check with air-avionics to see if I can get a temporary license to try this out.

Thx
Lee

fuxair

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 11:38:58 pm »
I can check it by myself, because I have already a license of iGlide. Can I test the functionality without a pilot aware license and without the bridge? I already a raspi 3B (no plus) with an ublox8 GPS receiver and a DVB-T ADS-B receiver (looks like the one you offer). Version 20180520 is installed. but the five interface status bars are red (192.168.1.1). That´s probably because there´s no license installed? But I can´t get a license without the bridge board, right? My MAC-address is: B827EB811B00 (raspi WiFi). Perhaps you have a demo license for a short time to test it?

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 09:20:58 am »
fuxair,

You can get a 28 day demo licence at https://pilotaware.lode.co.uk , but be aware that without a Bridge, PilotAware functionality will be significantly limited because the Bridge contains various components including the barometric sensor - which is essential for determining accurate relative altitude between your own and other aircraft.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 10:41:18 am »
...You can get a 28 day demo licence at https://pilotaware.lode.co.uk....
We actually removed that, because we had spammers trying to crack the code by generating many requests with alternating MAC address.
Thx
Lee

Admin

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 10:43:44 am »
I can check it by myself, because I have already a license of iGlide....

I was in contact with air-avionics, and they told me this should work fine with a FLARM dataport connection
They have provided a license for me to try, but I have not yet had time

in the meantime - I will provide a demo license for you to try yourself.

This may/may-not work, because you do not have a Bridge, some messages will not be generated, eg
$PGRMZ

but if you are willing to try ....
Thx
Lee

fuxair

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 09:11:30 am »
I tried it yesterday, but the traffic is not displayed, even altitude is zero all the time. Is this because of the missing bridge? GPS data is transfered to the iGlide via WiFi an the PAW is recognized as a Flarm device.
Conected to air navigation pro, it shows traffic, GPS and altitude.
But I want or have to use iGlide...
Any idea?
Are your bridges available?

Ian Melville

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 07:12:59 pm »
Yes you will need a bridge.

fuxair

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 03:57:08 pm »
Now I bought the Rosetta box. It works good with Air Navigation Pro, but unfortunately not with my preferred app: iGlide. The GPS data and altitude is displyed correctly, but there is no traffic (ADS-B). I couldńt test the Flarm yet.

Any idea, what the problem could be? IGlide is able to display Flarm and ADS-B traffic according to the manufacturer and as for flarm, I can confirm it.

My aim was to integrate the ADS-B traffic in iGlide. Can I provide you with more data, logs or whatever?

And thanks for the very fast delivery - even to Germany!!!

Admin

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 04:31:41 pm »
Hi Fuxair,

I think we need to enlist the help of our friends at air-avionics.
We have a good relationship with these folks, so I guess we just need to close the issues

I will email you directly

Thx
Lee