Author Topic: Upgrading PA via RJ45 on the new Pi3  (Read 2715 times)

AllanBirt

Upgrading PA via RJ45 on the new Pi3
« on: June 21, 2018, 11:12:46 am »
Morning

When I've upgraded my PA in the past, I was able to use the USB socket to upgrade. But the last few updates this has never worked, my USB storage card has never changed, I guess there might of been a change in the software  :( :(

So my workaround to upgrade my older Pi2 was to removed all the USB sockets and plugged it directly into the router, left 20 mins then upgraded.

When I upgraded to Pi3, I done a fresh install with the latest software 20180520, so how would I go about upgrading this, as the newer Pi3 has its own built in WiFi and you cant unplug this  :-\ :-\

I know my USB stick doesn't work on this unit neither  :-[ :-[

Admin

Re: Upgrading PA via RJ45 on the new Pi3
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 11:55:20 am »
Hi Allan,

I presume the issue is that your home router subnet is 192.168.,1.x ?
If not, there is no need to unplug the WiFi

regarding the memory card, there have been a number of posts on the forum, if under windows you have ever selected 'yes fix these errors', then I think this screw it up, and will need reformatting to FAT32

Thx
Lee

AllanBirt

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 01:30:25 pm »
Hi Lee

Yes my router uses the same IP range, I've even reformatted my USB stick to FAT many times to see if that would work, but to no avail. I have even used another USB stick and still no joy.

All of them works perfectly fine in my PC, as I can copy the relevant files across.

The storage of the USB stick is only 1GB which is plenty for the file transfer, I wonder if I should be using a larger one.

The only difference I can see is being formatted to FAT32, maybe ill have to give this a try  ;)

Allan

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 01:34:42 pm »
Are you using Windows inbuilt tools to format the USB stick?

AllanBirt

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 02:34:45 pm »
Sure am, is this the problem?