Author Topic: You can help a student do something meaningful for the aviation community  (Read 9142 times)

a.alexeev.p

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
Another one to add to your list but the answers will probably skew your statistics  ???

Thank you for taking time to complete and comment. I am planning to take the analyses beyond simple modes and averages, so hopefully will avoid unwanted skews and either way - hoping for some specific results would have been poor practice, whereas dealing with information one would not expect is actually very valuable. So, thank you once again :)

a.alexeev.p

• View Profile
Anything to help you WMG and Warwick university.

Done

Keith

Really appreciate admin team contributing as well :) Don't want to jinx it, but one of the most friendly forum groups is here <3

a.alexeev.p

• View Profile
And me - hope you get some worth while results.
Thank you, Eric :-)

Seanhump

Ditto on the skewed results, but I've filled on most that I can ..

Best of luck with it
Pilotaware user ...

neilmurg

I've submitted, but it reads like a marketing promotion for ride sharing. Why is that? Are you sponsored by someone, Wingly, or more likely Coavmi?

Please reply promptly

a.alexeev.p

• View Profile
I've submitted, but it reads like a marketing promotion for ride sharing. Why is that? Are you sponsored by someone, Wingly, or more likely Coavmi?

Please reply promptly
Hi neilmurg!

May I clarify please regarding your submission - did you complete it fully? The reason I am asking is the system does not show any submissions at all close time-wise to the time of your comment, so needed to make sure there are no technical issues that would affect the research.

Interesting remark :) that would have been the least efficient and silly marketing promotion in the history and my degree sponsors (I must admit - my parents) would be very disappointed with the use of funds.  On a bit more serious note I was quite puzzled why you might have come up with such a feeling and realised that in most questions (except one) I refer only to two companies mentioned above, though please note I on purpose switch order to at least try make it less subjective for respondents.

I have several reasons for doing this topic and initial one is my home-bases/clubs ( I have two as moved away for masters) not allowing either of them - I haven't heard of such cases in continental Europe (may be it is too far). So myself am based in the UK, thus as examples provided names of UK operating companies which both I believe have just accepted the ban. It might be an open question in terms of how the findings of the research will be applied as after all I am an innovation student and should something interesting come up - it would be great to bring my findings to something slightly more tangible than just a 100 page document.

Lastly, I apologise in advance as most likely my interpretation is wrong (one can't read intonation off a forum post), but for a moment your comment also sounded like an accusation with fairly unusual request to "reply promptly". I am a foreigner, and one thing I really value UK for is general "innocent unless proven guilty" approach being applied on all society levels :-)

a.alexeev.p

• View Profile
Re: You can help a student do something meaningful for the aviation community
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 11:04:08 am »
As promised I am coming back with the findings. More information is available in a new thread here:http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,1431.0.html