Author Topic: First Time Booting  (Read 75471 times)

garywaters

Re: First Time Booting
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 12:23:33 pm »
I'll check that. Thanks. Can't do it now having to travel to Twickenham for tomorrow.
Regard
Gary

AlanB

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 08:43:31 am »
Has anyone got PilotAware displaying on Runway HD as suggested in the settings at the start of the thread?

The Settings menu in my version of RunwayHD has no Flarm setting.
Europa XS Mode-S ADS-B out enabled.

pete clarke

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 09:22:26 am »
I asked them, and the ability to set Flarm will be available in version 3.3 (which is still in the approval by Apple black hole).

AlanB

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 12:02:02 pm »
I asked them, and the ability to set Flarm will be available in version 3.3 (which is still in the approval by Apple black hole).

Thank you.

Moffrestorer

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 01:46:06 pm »
I'm in the same boat with EasyVFR. Hopefully the update to support PA will appear soon.

Armin71

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 05:34:04 pm »
Hi Lee,
thank you for the license code. The system works very well. Here is an additional information for the documentation: at Air Navigation Pro 5.8.1.3 also the IP address and the Port number must be entered.

Armin

tomstorey

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 08:00:45 pm »
I've got 2 wifi dongles.  Both can be seen as pilot aware on my mobile device (android or ios) but neither seems connect.  The android one says 'obtaining IP' but never seems to manage it.  Any ideas?
best regards
Tom

Admin

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 08:54:45 pm »
I've got 2 wifi dongles.  Both can be seen as pilot aware on my mobile device (android or ios) but neither seems connect.  The android one says 'obtaining IP' but never seems to manage it.  Any ideas?
best regards
Tom

Are there any log messages appearing on the console output ?

Thx
Lee

AlanB

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2015, 09:11:02 pm »

Update now available on App Store.

DavidArcher

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 09:21:35 pm »
Hi Lee, thanks for the licence key.  Success, I can see airliners passing overhead on Skydemon.
One question, I have a wifi only iPad, and connect to XGPS150 GPS via Bluetooth.  I can't figure out how to connect to this and also the PilotAware via FLARM at the same time.  Is it possible?

Admin

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 11:27:53 am »
Hi Lee, thanks for the licence key.  Success, I can see airliners passing overhead on Skydemon.
One question, I have a wifi only iPad, and connect to XGPS150 GPS via Bluetooth.  I can't figure out how to connect to this and also the PilotAware via FLARM at the same time.  Is it possible?

Skydemon works in a flip/flop mode, either GPS is from internal (including BT GPS), or GPS (&traffic) is from external.

So in Flarm mode GPS is provided by PilotAware, the question is where is PilotAware getting its source ?
Either you are running CollisionAware, on your iPad, in which case the True GPS source is your XGPS150, or, you have a GPS dongle plugged into PilotAware, in which case this is providing the GPS data to PilotAware and consequently SkyDemon

Thx
Lee

The Westmorland Flyer

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 10:32:35 pm »
Has anyone got ADS-B traffic displaying on a Windows laptop running SD? I've got my laptop connected to PAW and I can go "flying". I'm seeing GPS data (height and position) in SD but I don't see any traffic. I suspect this is because it's all CAT above the limit set in the config but I can't for the life of me see where this can be changed on the PC version of SD.

All this just so I can have the ground system showing stuff when I'm flying the other unit.
John
G-JONL, Sportcruiser, Carlisle

Admin

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 10:41:24 pm »
Apparently you need to save the settings to the cloud, somebody reprted how to do this on the forum

Thx
Lee

Ps found it
http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,115.msg1631.html#msg1631
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:43:27 pm by Admin »

carlp101

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 12:34:32 am »
best regards
Tom

I had the same problem. I had to manually set the IP I connected to the Pilot Aware wireless station as, e.g 192.168.1.10. Perhaps the DHL service is not configured. ?

Are there any log messages appearing on the console output ?

Thx
Lee

carlp101

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 12:40:02 am »
That should have read DHCP service rather than DHL service.