Author Topic: HEX Code  (Read 3882 times)

a.alexeev.p

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
HEX Code
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:15:41 am »
Hi! Quick question re HEX code - I normally flew aircraft with one and always updated it in config settings of PAW original, however the aircraft I am flying next does not have a HEX code as per GINFO.

Question, what does that mean? Technically I do not really understand all nuances

More importantly - what do I set my HEX code to when fly aircraft without one? It doesn't let me keep the value empty and keep returning to previous aircraft, however if I leave it like that it means I will not see that very previous aircraft, right ?

Ian Melville

Re: HEX Code
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 07:00:18 am »
I thought all did have a hex code, are you able to give the reg?

When you first start up a PAW it has no hex code or reg. In it's place is an auto generated code that will serve you as I am also guessing the aircraft will not have a mode S transponder. I am not dsure how to force a new auto code (if possible) but anything that is outside the UK range (all start with 40????) then you should get away with it  ;)

Keithvinning

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 08:48:00 am »
Yes all aircraft with a registration do have an ICAO code. Whilst Ian is correct, it is increasing ly important that you put the correct ICAO code in for your aircraft whether you have a transponder or not please.

Keith

bladeslapper

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 04:06:30 pm »
I have come across errors and omissions in the G-INFO database over the years. You should have one but it looks like the database doesn't know it.
- possibly a blessing ;-)

a.alexeev.p

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 11:34:10 am »
From what I read before I also thought every aircraftt shoudk have one... it is GCDMY and I checked like three times and it definitely was not on GINFO :( any other alternative where to get one? Tech log documentation?

a.alexeev.p

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 11:35:28 am »
Just if I enter any random HEX code there is a chance there is an aircraft with such code and hence PAW won’t see it

Admin

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 11:58:05 am »
Hi Alex,

I just checked
G-CDMY 404E47 ?

Thx
Lee

a.alexeev.p

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 12:03:42 pm »
So embarassing... but it is indeed there now! Thank you ! So strange, need to recheck my medical

Admin

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 12:39:44 pm »