Author Topic: Rosetta  (Read 11921 times)

Seanhump

Re: Rosetta
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 10:43:39 pm »
Probably beats my stuff in and around Cambridge today ….!
Pilotaware user ...

Giver

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 04:12:17 pm »
Did the trip down to Dubrovnik LDDU a couple of years back and can vouch for the scenery,
one of the Islands i can recommend for a stop is Losinj LDLO well worth a couple of days,
and stopping at Portoro Slovenia LJPZ on the way back makes it easy to drop into the Venice lido
LIPV a must if you haven’t been there imo

Giver

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 07:19:56 am »
I am interested in the Rosetta so do we have a time scale for it’s launch, and can i put in a pre order or be put on a waiting list,

Ivor

PaulSS

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 08:18:16 am »
Hi Ivor,

According to the Pilot Aware Facebook page it's already on the streets and some people have it or have ordered it.

http://www.pilotaware.com/rosetta-purchase-form/

Giver

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 09:28:11 am »
Thanks paul
i have ordered one ;D

Ian Melville

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 09:31:28 am »
It was available at the Popham show, and I expected the unsold units to be made available on the web shop, seems the shop needs updating ASAP to keep the ball rolling.

Giver, where did you order a Rosetta? I can only see the Classic version.

PaulSS

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 11:29:02 am »
I'm not going to click on it for you  ;D ;D

http://www.pilotaware.com/rosetta-purchase-form/

PeterG

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 02:19:47 pm »
I note that the upgrade path for existing users is not in place as yet.

But if I were to order a Rosetta to replace my existing PAW Classic is it just a case of swapping the SD Card from the old to the new or does it require a different licence?

Ian Melville

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 02:31:19 pm »
OK, it looks like we have two different shops now!!!!

exfirepro

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 03:17:32 pm »
I note that the upgrade path for existing users is not in place as yet.

But if I were to order a Rosetta to replace my existing PAW Classic is it just a case of swapping the SD Card from the old to the new or does it require a different licence?

Peter G,

Unfortunately, you can't just 'swap cards' between units as the license is linked to the MAC address of each individual unit. The Rosetta comes with the latest Public Release Software already loaded and includes a 1 year license. You just need to register it on www.pilotaware.lode.co.uk to get the Licence Key for the new unit and input it as you would have done with your Classic (instructions are included).

Regards

Peter

exfirepro

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 03:21:31 pm »
OK, it looks like we have two different shops now!!!!

Yes,

PilotAware 'Classics' and accessories are still available from www.pilotawarehardware.com, but Rosetta is currently only being marketed via the Main PilotAware website - www.pilotaware.com

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:38:50 am by exfirepro »

Keithvinning

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 08:03:55 am »
There will be a merging of the two sites in the future

Regards

Keith

robbydooo

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2018, 03:26:06 pm »
Just taken my first flight with Rosetta!

Ordered it Sunday and arrived yesterday which was great!

I am a student pilot at Rochester and after a reasonably close encounter a few weeks back just after take off, I knew i had to buy either the original pilot aware or the new Sky echo.
Thats when I saw Rosetta being advertised so was a no brainer for me.

My instructor was pretty impressed with it today.

First thing I had to do was upgrade the software as the radar functionality was missing as advertised.

VFR flying was terrible today with low clouds and poor visibility around Kent so to have this working on my sky demon was really reassuring.
There wasn't much traffic around today probably because of the weather  but i could see all the flights coming in and out of Southend and Gatwick show up.

Overall it seems to work really well. Only issue was on my instructors iPad it kept disconnecting after 10 minutes or so which was annoying although didn't do the same on my android phone.

I have another flight booked in on Friday so will do some more testing with it then.

If anyone has any questions or ideas with the iPad kept disconnecting please let me know.

Thanks,
Rob

Admin

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 05:23:31 pm »

I am a student pilot at Rochester and after a reasonably close encounter a few weeks back just after take off, I knew i had to buy either the original pilot aware or the new Sky echo.

First thing I had to do was upgrade the software as the radar functionality was missing as advertised.

? what version was it running initally, and what version did you upgrade to, thishas been available for over a year

Overall it seems to work really well. Only issue was on my instructors iPad it kept disconnecting after 10 minutes or so which was annoying although didn't do the same on my android phone.

Q1. What S/W version are you running

Q2. How many devices did you have connected ?
You mentioned iPad / Android Pad - by any chance have you connected any other devices (iphone etc) that may have auto connected and gone into standby ?

Q3. Android running SkyDemon, what was the connection method ?

Q4. iPad running ?SkyDemon?, what was the connection method ?

Thx
Lee

robbydooo

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2018, 11:21:17 pm »

? what version was it running initally, and what version did you upgrade to, thishas been available for over a year

Q1. What S/W version are you running

Q2. How many devices did you have connected ?

You mentioned iPad / Android Pad - by any chance have you connected any other devices (iphone etc) that may have auto connected and gone into standby ?

There were no other devices in the aircraft than those 2 devices.

Q3. Android running SkyDemon, what was the connection method ?

Q4. iPad running ?SkyDemon?, what was the connection method ?

Wifi

Hi Lee,

Q1 I am running the latest 20180520 and sorry i didn't take down the original version but it was 201802 something if my memory recalls correctly not that it is now an issue.

Q2 2 devices, an android Samsung S7 phone and my instructors ipad (unknown model)

Q3 Wifi Band G, Powermode was 100mw, Wasnt aware there was another method? I had left the higher power transmission on as i had been testing it in my garden the day before. I have now switched it to 20mw so maybe that will help with power efficiencies.

Q4 Wifi same as above and running SkyDemon same as my android phone.

I have another flight on Friday so I can retest to see if the issue persists.

Many thanks.
Rob
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:22:49 pm by robbydooo »