Author Topic: Not seeing mode C aircraft on Sky Demon  (Read 7934 times)

Paul_Sengupta

Re: Not seeing mode C aircraft on Sky Demon
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 12:58:48 am »
Are you using Sky Demon? Do you have bearingless targets switched on therein?

Skrswift

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 09:12:45 pm »
Hi,

Yes bearingless targets switched ON on sky demon.

I flew yesterday and saw a plane to the right of me, on Skydemon it showed a circle around me, so it knew there was a plane around but wasn't sure where, i was quite impressed. This must have been a plane not giving GPS data out?

Please see attached screenshots of the config page and logs.

Thank you for your help

Kiran

Skrswift

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 09:20:20 pm »
Unfortunately i cannot get the other screenshots below 512 kb

Ian Melville

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 11:54:05 pm »
There is image editing software that can do it. You could also try compressing it.

You are correct that the aircraft only has mode C or mode S i.e no position transmitted. +- 500 (the default) for vertical separation is also a bit restrictive, start with -+ 2000 and see how it works.

You are also missing all the settings for traffic with positional data. Something has gone wrong with your update. Was it a wipe of the SD card and fresh install? What size is your SD card?

Lee, I have had another one the same today. I'll send the data to you tomorrow. Something is going wrong with the installation from a complete wipe and rebuild. Reboots did not fix this mine,
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:02:38 am by Ian Melville »

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 01:04:13 am »
I flew yesterday and saw a plane to the right of me, on Skydemon it showed a circle around me, so it knew there was a plane around but wasn't sure where, i was quite impressed. This must have been a plane not giving GPS data out?

Yep, this is bearingless traffic. It will be transmitting Mode C (if it said Mode C) or Mode S (if the registration is displayed) but not ADS-B or PilotAware. The rings change from Green to Yellow to Red and change in size to indicate threat level.