Author Topic: Newbie problem with wifi and Skydemon..  (Read 18683 times)

Admin

Re: Newbie problem with wifi and Skydemon..
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2015, 01:17:30 pm »
Hi Lee
screen shot attached along with shot of Pilot aware Android with location Data

Hi Nick
The problem here is that PilotAware has no Position Fix as you can see from the web statistics.
I am not familiar enough with the CollisionAwareAndroid App, hopefully Chris Mills will see this thread :-)
I think PilotAwareAndroid sends its GPS data as TCP Packets, but as you notice in the web display there are 0 GPS messages for all interfaces
Code: [Select]
TCP (Data sent from CollisionAware on iOS or CollisionAwareAndroid on Android)
UDP (Data sent from NMEAgps)
USB (Data from GPS dongle plugged into USB Ports)

Thx
Lee

rodent0_2

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 01:26:06 pm »
Thanks Lee
I have no idea how you set tcp on the tablet, I have a garmin etrex with a rs232 to usb  adaptor would the pilot aware read that data I presume the garmin outputs a NMEA sentence.

I'll try and get hold of a USB gps dongle when they are back in stock, I have the pressure module but I'll get the thing working before I fit that.

Cheers

Nick
Nick

Aircreation Tanarg G-CHFT

rodent0_2

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2015, 01:56:10 pm »
Hi Lee
just rebooted, I see there is Data on the TCP now, thought that I had seen something there earlier, still no good though, hey ho.

cheers

Nick.

Nick

Robski

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2015, 03:54:05 pm »
From my experience with Android devices and SkyDemon, Butterfly connect problem is usually due to not being connected to the PAW WiFi access point when hitting the GoFlying button.

If you have other WiFi access points around eg home wifi network then you Android tab might be picking this instead of PAW.
This gets me every time when I'm at home playing with PAW!  :-[

You need to go to settings > Wireless and network > WiFi Settings on your Android device and select the PilotAware network connection in the Wi-Fi Networks list!
Rob
If the good Lord had intended man to fly He would have given him more money.

rodent0_2

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2015, 04:00:23 pm »
Cheers Rob, see where you are coming from but I have solid WiFi connection with the paw. Tried in the car and at work to eliminate this.

Thanks
Nick.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:07:36 pm by rodent0_2 »
Nick

rodent0_2

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 01:21:28 pm »
Just found this on the skydemon web site posted three days ago

"So I think I have found the issue I was having with PFLARM and SD not connecting. I just hadn't noticed that the butterfly connect code had been reset to the default of 1234 in the s/w update and there was now a new place the code under Setup->Device Connectivity Options...  "

don't know if this is the answer to my problem with butterfly connect. worth a shot me thinks..

Nick.
Nick

rodent0_2

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 08:51:32 pm »
Well, that didn't work.
Nick

rodent0_2

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2015, 09:20:22 pm »
Just updated skydemon and the good news it all works, just need to find out how to mount in the airplane.

Thanks
Lee and the team.
Nick

chrismills

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2015, 11:33:41 pm »
Sorry for the late reply and it looks like problem solved.

Lee is correct in that the current PilotAwareAndroid app sends position data as P3I sentence over TCP connection.

From the images posted it looks like to Android app was working fine and connected to the correct WiFi AP. Couldn't offer an explanation but it appears a SkyDemon upgrade can upset some of the required settings.

Worth remembering for the future.

Chris

rodent0_2

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2015, 07:45:41 am »
Hi Folks
I was running an old version of sd, mistakenly thought it updated with the chart updates. left it running in the living room last night for a couple of hours, showing plenty of traffic around the east mids air space. so  far so good. cheers guys

Thanks again

Nick.
Nick