Author Topic: Newbie problem with wifi and Skydemon..  (Read 18680 times)

chrismills

Re: Newbie problem with wifi and Skydemon..
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 11:56:02 pm »
From my experience with Android devices and SkyDemon, Butterfly connect problem is usually due to not being connected to the PAW WiFi access point when hitting the GoFlying button.

If you have other WiFi access points around eg home wifi network then you Android tab might be picking this instead of PAW.

Chris

rodent0_2

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 08:07:08 am »
Thanks  Lee
think I ended up installing 20150919, definitely connected to Pilot Aware hotspot, run it in the car this morning on the way to work to eliminate home wifi, same error. SD key set to 6000 If there are other settings I don't know about them. I have another wifi dongle on another pi at home, I'll dig it out and give that a go this evening.

Thanks again folks

Nick.
Nick

Aircreation Tanarg G-CHFT

rodent0_2

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 05:45:29 pm »
Hi Again
tried another wifi dongle this evening still the same error, but do you have to reinstall the licence key as I notice if you change the dongle the ip address changes and if you look at the status there is no wireless key and tx/rx is turned off ?

Thank you

Nick.
Nick

N6010Y

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 05:59:16 pm »
Hi Nick,

Yep - everytime I've swapped wireless dongles over between the Pi units, I've had to re-enter the dongle unit license via the web interface.

I'm not a programmer, but I believe the dingle and pi unit need to be 'paired' (for want of a better description), via the license key.

Hugh

rodent0_2

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 06:11:22 pm »
Thanks Hugh
thought as much but thought I would check, I'll give it go.

Cheers

Nick.
Nick

rodent0_2

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 06:35:40 pm »
Swapped the dongle again, licence key already there but no expiry date, re installed key, save, reboot, but still no expiry and tx/rx still off, presume that dongle is no good, put the original new one back expiry date back and tx/rx on but butterfly error persists, looks like I'll have to buy another dongle to prove one way or another. 
Nick

Admin

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 06:55:31 pm »
Swapped the dongle again, licence key already there but no expiry date, re installed key, save, reboot, but still no expiry and tx/rx still off, presume that dongle is no good, put the original new one back expiry date back and tx/rx on but butterfly error persists, looks like I'll have to buy another dongle to prove one way or another.

when you say 'no expiry date', do you mean the value is '0' ?
If this is the case it means the license has not been entered or is incorrect.
Remember that the license is bound to the dongle, so if you change the dongle, the license becomes invalid.
I think I will change this to the MAC address of the ETH0 port, which means you can happily swap wifi dongles.

please check your license
Thx
Lee

Admin

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2015, 06:58:12 pm »
Nick, is there a reason why you are using 20150919 ?
rather than the latest ?

How are you obtaining your GPS fix, are you using collisionAware or a GPS dongle ?

Are you connecting to iPad or Android ?

(edit)
OK, just read earlier posts, so you are on Android.
So how is PilotAware getting its GPS data ?

Can you post a screenshot of the PilotAware status page 192.168.1.1

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:00:39 pm by Admin »

rodent0_2

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 07:56:24 pm »
Hi Lee
should have the screenshot attached, I was having grief copying PA to the sd card and went with the first one I had success with. I presumed possibly wrongly that the fix came from the device running skydemon as in the original hardware spec there was no mention of a gps dongle.

The wifi dongle I have in at the moment has an expiry date, it was another that I tried and put in the licence key that returned a zero.

Bet your getting fed up of this...brill job though

Nick.
Nick

Admin

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 08:27:08 pm »
Hi Nick
The problem is PAW has no gps reference.
Suggest you take a look at the android thread

Thx
Lee

chrismills

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2015, 08:27:48 pm »
You can pass a GPS fix to the PAW from the device running SkyDemon. You have to install the PilotAwareAndroid app on your device. It's available free through the Google Play store. Also see this post for instructions.

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,21.msg703.html#msg703

Chris

rodent0_2

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2015, 08:29:42 pm »
Thanks Chris, I have already done that and it appears to work.
Nick

rodent0_2

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 10:42:43 am »
Right Guys
lets start again, Latest software installed on pi, PilotAware Android running and showing a position fix, Interface Data all looks good apart from Navigation which says off. Open skydemon and run FLARM with key set to 6000. wifi dongle is the same and came from the same place as the one listed in the known hardware section, good power supply and no other networks about. Still get the butterfly connect error ?

Tablet is the Samsung Galaxy tab 3 Android version 4.4.2

Just ordered the pressure module, and the GPS dongles are out of stock on e bay at the moment

remaining hopeful for a solution

Nick.
Nick

Admin

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2015, 06:04:27 pm »
Hi Nick

Can you post a screenshot of the pilotaware web interface from your nav device ?
Please do this AFTER you have connected collisionaware
Simply open a web browser to 192.168.1.1

Thx
Lee

rodent0_2

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2015, 01:05:47 pm »
Hi Lee
screen shot attached along with shot of Pilot aware Android with location Data
Nick